O2 gone painfully slow?

Soldato

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 8,128

BT Speedtester (Non LLU only):

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Your DSL connection rate: 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1090 kbps

O2 Access, Birmingham City Center

Last edited:
Associate
Mine back to normal now, give or take a few meg :-

speed.io.png

Are we going to have to put up with this carry on every Sunday?.

And as far as this "A cable has been cut in xxxxxxxxx location, sorry for the hassle" nonsense I don't believe for 1 minute that the whole of the O2 UK broadband operation runs through 1 or 2 particular cables and if one of said cables goes down the whole of the country ends up with what we had last night.

Smacks of the railway networks and their "Ohh....it's the wrong type of leaves, sorry!!". :p

More inclined to believe it is network contention issues to blame and if they are upgrading and we have to have downtime then that is acceptable.

What I do take issues with is the lack of official info on the problems when they occur. Makes no sense to either stay silent when these issues crop up and then have us all guessing at what the root issue is.

But on the other hand I will admit that on face value - What ISP does keep you fully informed when any issues crop up?. Not many, if any at all!!!.

Literally 40Gigs worth of fibre was cut outside waterloo by Network Rail.

Associate
I'm moving house to a Be connection. Is there anyone having problems in Surrey?

To be honest i've had so many problems with my current connection (Virgin) that if i moved house into more problems with another ISP i think i would actually just abandon the internet completely and take up croquet or something.

Back
Top Bottom