More NI trouble? - Police officer shot dead

Associate
Sounds like a giant council estate full of ******

I just don't understand the mentality of some of these people, regardless of the historical backdrop the modern day struggle/"troubles" (pointless bunfight) is basically one bunch of people who worship their magical sky pixie in a different way to another bunch of people who worship the same magical sky pixie arguing over which geographical location they'd like to be ruled from.

Pointless waste of time tbh...

It is a common misconception to blame all the troubles on religion, infact most of it has nothing to do with religion (succsessive british regimes wanted to paint it as a tribal/religious war), the basis to most of the troubles is soverignty and political stance.

Permabanned
You just enter the thread, make some disparaging remarks, contribute nothing and no doubt feel pleased with yourself.
I agree with my first post in this thread - it is in the Irish nature to cause unrest and I said years ago that any 'peace treaty' would never last.

*n

Soldato
It's whats Penski majors in, just ignore him.

A man had been killed while doing his job and all you can do is argue, show some respect.

Yeah if drilling holes in your face doesn't get you the desired attention then i guess spouting crap everywhere is option 2. Moron.

Permabanned
Yeah if drilling holes in your face doesn't get you the desired attention then i guess spouting crap everywhere is option 2. Moron.
All I said was that the Irish are always spoiling for a fight. You're only proving me to be more correct with every post you make. Don't you have a driveway to be tarmacing or something?

*n

PS: anyone being shot = bad. It happening in NI = not unexpected.

Associate
My first response to news like this is usuall "SAS..shoot to kill..." but as always it is more complicated than that on reflection. Taking these idiots would probably only cause more idiots to take their place, and create the spiral that overtook the place in the 70's and 80's.

I really don't know what the answer is, and I don't know why this has suddenly flared - are they trying to demonstrate effectiveness to get funding perhaps?

Soldato
And yet with all your 'highest levels of IQ', you still couldn't form a coherent sentence...Oh, the ironing...

Whoever it was who had no idea what race is was being thick. You can't deny that.

Why the personal attack? I'm no different than anyone else. If you actually read my posts, you would realise that.

If you go back to your caravan with your dags.

*n

Yes i agree with you on poster regarding race.

And maybe if you read my posts you would notice i am not irish nor do i live in a cavavan, but since i come from NI you seem to brand me.

Associate
Christ, you're really not helping the 'thick paddy' stereotype are you?

Here's a clue: the English and the Irish are the same race.

*n

No they are not, a large majority of irish are celt by descent while the large majority of english are anglo saxon (germanic tribes) by descent.

Also irish history pre dates english history by a few thousand years, there are burial mounds in ireland that pre date stonehenge.

Anyway, as someone has already stated a man has lost his life and a family has lost a husband/father.

Associate
My first response to news like this is usuall "SAS..shoot to kill..." but as always it is more complicated than that on reflection. Taking these idiots would probably only cause more idiots to take their place, and create the spiral that overtook the place in the 70's and 80's.

I really don't know what the answer is, and I don't know why this has suddenly flared - are they trying to demonstrate effectiveness to get funding perhaps?

I do believe that there are some in northern Ireland that are more concerned with the past than with the future.
As Scuzi pointed out, unemployment, boredom and the "glamour" of belonging to the "movement" probably means there will always be these people.

Soldato
All I said was that the Irish are always spoiling for a fight. You're only proving me to be more correct with every post you make. Don't you have a driveway to be tarmacing or something?

*n

PS: anyone being shot = bad. It happening in NI = not unexpected.

Where as these so called irish from?

I hardly go around looking to knock someone out and i am sure the rest of us dont either.

Maybe you just hang around in the wrong social groups.

What about your own brand of chavs? Do they not go about looking for a fight

Associate
As Scuzi pointed out, unemployment, boredom and the "glamour" of belonging to the "movement" probably means there will always be these people.
I fear that this is very accurate. I suspect that most members of these organisations have no real idea of the roots of the cause and the (initially very real) grievances that started it all off, which makes it all so much sadder. There is a side of human nature that craves that 'belonging' and especially in economically less well off areas - this plays straight into the hands of extremists of all nationalities and beliefs.

It's ruining a beautiful and lyrical country, I hope one day we can get over it.

Back
Top Bottom