More NI trouble? - Police officer shot dead

Permabanned
Where as these so called irish from?
Both sides of the border
I hardly go around looking to knock someone out and i am sure the rest of us dont either.
You misunderstand me - I am not referring to simple thuggery but more the Irish tendancy towards unrest.
Maybe you just hang around in the wrong social groups.
These are people I encounter while going about my business or whilst at work. Not friends of mine. They are from all walks of life and all social tiers. In fact, this week I shall make a point of asking every irish person I encounter if the irish (as a whole) like a drink and a fight..

*n

Associate
Well, as an N.Irish man. I can speak for 100% of friends and family.
Like a drink : Yes
Fight: No.

I've been to Ireland on a few occasions and would agree wholeheartedly with this. Based purely on my experience. I think claiming that an entire nation is predisposed to civil unrest is a somewhat ham-fisted approach.

Caporegime
All I said was that the Irish are always spoiling for a fight. You're only proving me to be more correct with every post you make. Don't you have a driveway to be tarmacing or something?

*n

PS: anyone being shot = bad. It happening in NI = not unexpected.

People have been suspended for less.

Associate
I think quite a few people have just given up caring about whether ni is part of the uk or roi, most people don't think its worth the hassle of caring anymore

Caporegime
I think quite a few people have just given up caring about whether ni is part of the uk or roi, most people don't think its worth the hassle of caring anymore

The UK has got **** all to do with America and yet still followed them into Iraq when it was none of their business and yet you don't think they should be protecting land that is actually a part of the UK?

Associate
The UK has got **** all to do with America and yet still followed them into Iraq when it was none of their business and yet you don't think they should be protecting land that is actually a part of the UK?

No, actually i think they should be protecting the land and i'm very happy being part of the uk however i don't want to spend the rest of my life fighting over it

Soldato
No, actually i think they should be protecting the land and i'm very happy being part of the uk however if i had the choice between fighting for the next 10years over it or being part of the roi id pick the latter as i don't believe peoples lives should be terrorised over it

But again, that would be extremely hypocritical against the British (and in some respects US) government given our involvement in "The War on Terror".

No-one wants to see bloodshed but if the British government is going to follow its "principles" I can only see conflict.

Last edited:
Associate
i for one would like a united ireland, the uk gov were able to hand back the sovereignty of Hong Kong back in 97 why not hand back NI to the ROI and get it done with

Back
Top Bottom