Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
Finally got the email from Hazro asking for details of collection date and address for getting my replacement screen :)

Just hoping they can get it out to me for next week, been without the screen for 3 weeks today :(

Associate
/Yawn

Still waiting on them to get the screen to me, I've had no further contact from them as of the 5th March :(

it's now been 25 working days since I submitted the original web form email...

Hazro please give me my new screen.

Associate
Ok here is another update,

Unfortunately OCUK can't guarantee that next one have no bleed, therefore they can only offer me a refund or I have to take the risk and get a replacement.

I feel any screen be better than this one but never been so lucky when it comes to these things!

I had 2 of these screens and BOTH had very bad backlight bleed, couldn't live with it, bt the picture quality was great.

Associate
im puzzled why there is so much bleeding being reported recently :confused:

i thought hazro reduced the backlighting on these smaller screens when they revamped the firmware coding.
only say that as they rewrote the wi revision so as the user control was disabled when the option to control backlighting was concerned.

havent heard any details on these new hazros screens yet? thought they were being released about now:rolleyes:

p.s im just happy i got my 2 problem free 30"s when i did;) sorry im not rubbing it in:D

Associate
The time between my web form input and replacement screen was roughly 1 1/2 month.

Still green lines / snow on one screen here. Guess i have to live with it.

Associate
The time between my web form input and replacement screen was roughly 1 1/2 month.

Still green lines / snow on one screen here. Guess i have to live with it.

Not impressed how long it takes, 6 weeks is a very long time :(

I'm going from a screen with no dead pixels or backlight issues, so I hope I don't get one with issues :(

Here's hoping for Monday or Tuesday :)

Soldato
I'm so dissapointed.

I was going to pick up one of these a long time ago but thought I would wait until things were sorted out. The other day, my boss told me to pick out a new monitor (I work from home) and I was really hoping I could get a Hazro. Apparently not. :(

Associate
Tis a shame, I'd recommend the screen, but sadly from my experience can't recommend the company :(

I'm very much looking forward to getting mine back.

Associate
I bought a PS3 and connected it up to my HZ24WI the other day. I get lots of green snow, flickering and dropout if I select 1080p output from the ps3. It's much better if I select 720p (only a small amount of green snow) and 576p I think is perfect. I have 2 HDMI cables and one performs far better than the other. The other one seems to do 576p fine and struggles with 720p with 1080p not really working at all.

I believe I've tested all other inputs at one time or another and they are all perfect (DVI for my PC, VGA and at one point component for my Xbox 360 and composite for something else I'm sure). I've had the monitor for about 6 months now and not noticed any problems like this before.

The PS3 with the cable that performs worse on my Hazro works perfectly with a large Panasonic TV at 1080p.

Now this suggests it’s a problem with my monitor (thought mine was fine :(). From experience does anyone else thinks this is the case or maybe I should get a higher quality HDMI and hopefully get a good picture at 1080p? Has anyone else got their PS3 to work fine with their HZW24i at 1080p or even at all very well? Anyone got any suggestions before I sent an email to Hazro for a possible repair? :(

EDIT: I have sent Hazro an email anyway via the support email address posted in this thread. I also just read through the last 10 pages or so of the thread and saw that you builder22 was having similar problems? Did you manage to fix the problem in the end or is it just a case of using shorter HDMI leads (both of mine are 2m ones)?

Any other suggestions are still welcomed.

Last edited:
Associate
There is no real fix for green snow as far as I know, some people get it and others don't.

I remember someone back in the day only getting snow on the menu so they were happy. :(

I personally never tried a PS3 with my screen.

Associate
For those with green dot issues...

Have you tried switching off your monitor then switching it back on again. This has always been my solution to get rid of them. They don't come back until the screen goes into standby again, either.

Associate
Well, since i`ll planning on buying a hard core gaming system soon with 2 or 3-Way SLI graphics, that`is capable of high resolution gaming, it would be a waste buying just a 24 inch, but it looks like not much choice of good 30 inch`s for gaming now that`s not too expensive.

The Hazro one seemed good, but unforchinatly, OcUK don`t have them anymore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom