C & C Again Please

Associate
Well got my D40 a month ago and uploaded the shots i took on the day i got it too here. Few good comments, and i appreciate the feedback. General concensious was don't use Auto settings. So Sunday went down to Tynemouth and the sun was out (well sometimes) and got used to ISO settings and just playing about. C&C welcome (please be brutal, i need to learn lol!), my next step from ISO is F-Stop. Exif should be there.

Bit of PP done in Photoshop, not sure on converting from RAW to JPEG but done my best lol.

Last edited:
Associate
not a bad set.

Derek is right the 1st needs its horizon straighting as its a bit high on the left.

Out of all of them number 1 is my fav. All of your pictures could do with a little better composition.

I would have had the man and child closer to the camera with them and sat on the 1st third line.

Have you read up on composition rules??

if not, the rule of thirds will help you the most. It can help take you from taking ok pictures to much better ones, without getting confused with camera settings.

Overall though not too shabby.

Keep it up.

:)

Associate
I can't view them due to imageshack messing about :(

Have you got a Flickr account? even a free one is usually better than imageshack/photobucket :)

I'll try again later :)

Soldato
I thought the composition of them all weren't too bad but then again I'm still in the beginners category also :p

Its good to see that the sky hasn't been blown on the images as well (I'm still to get round that problem!!

But as mentioned before not too shabby at all :)

EDIT : Nearly forgot the whole reason for replying again try this place for some photo tips http://www.morguefile.com/docs/Classroom

Associate
not sure on converting from RAW to JPEG but done my best lol.

better to keep originals in RAW dont go converting to jpeg until you are happy with your post processing and always save it as a copy.

aperture (mac software) is great for cataloging files like this, try it as its a lot more user friendly than its counterparts. over all though well done, keep experimenting and learning!

Back
Top Bottom