Jade dies

Soldato
I thought there was a vaccine for it now? Something about killing off the HPV which is responsible for triggering Cervical Cancer....

There is, but its only effective if you have it before you have sex, which is why they are targetting 12 - 13 year old girls at the moment, in the hope they can stop most of it happening.

Godfather
Godfather
Can we please have a special thread for everyone that passes on from this Earth then? Oh wait, that's right, we can't, because thousands of people all equally significant (if not more) die everyday and it'd be impossible to have a post for every single one. Silly me.
I think the issue here isn't who she is but how she died. Cancer is a terrible disease and the sudden illness and death of this person could have happened to any one of us. Indeed there have been members of this forum, Zoltan for one, who sadly lost their lives because of cancer. That's enough reason to care.

Soldato
Funny != couldn't care less.

Can we please have a special thread for everyone that passes on from this Earth then? Oh wait, that's right, we can't, because thousands of people all equally significant (if not more) die everyday and it'd be impossible to have a post for every single one. Silly me.

i was just pointing out that this thread was not meant to be a discussion on whether we liked her or not

and if you want to make a thread for someone that passes, then you can and no one is stopping you

and there is no need for that attitude, if you dont like it, dont come in here and read it

Soldato
And can we also have a special thread for idiots that have no respect..., if you "couldn't care less." then **** off please from this thread and go about not caring about stuff somewhere else. Please.

Although his comments are harsh, there is some merit in them. Many people found Jade a bit of sad reflection of today's society; A person celebrated as worthy of celebrity status by society for seemingly no other reason than being a bit dim...

Yes, her death is sad, but as the original post (which you replied to) tried to imply, does she really merit all the media circus that we've seen during her live, and now at the time of her death. Should we really be celebrating (to such an extend) such an individual over others?

Many people are aghast at the amount of media time she receives...

ps: However, if there is something to be learned, it's a reminder that life is fleating, and not to be taken for granted. And I'm wondering if this is what people are truly getting emotional about.

Associate
Although his comments are harsh, there is some merit in them. Many people found Jade a bit of sad reflection of today's society; A person celebrated as worthy of celebrity status by society for seemingly no other reason than being a bit dim...

Yes, her death is sad, but as the original post (which you replied to) tried to imply, does she really merit all the media circus that we've seen during her live, and now at the time of her death. Should we really be celebrating (to such an extend) such an individual over others?

ps: However, if there is something to be learned, it's a reminder that life is fleating, and not to be taken for granted. And I'm wondering if this is what people are truly getting emotional about.

You hit the nail on the head for me there!

His comments maybe the truest comments ever made on the face of the planet, no, UNIVERSE, but what I'm saying is they don't belong in this thread, it's not respectful at a time like this.

Caporegime
I think the issue here isn't who she is but how she died. Cancer is a terrible disease and the sudden illness and death of this person could have happened to any one of us. Indeed there have been members of this forum, Zoltan for one, who sadly lost their lives because of cancer. That's enough reason to care.

I've also been closely linked with cancer and seen it first hand, an awful illness.

I care deeply about Cancer and the hunt for a cure.

I feel it would be deeply hypocrytical of me to now come out with an "aw, poor Jade" attitude as if I did feel for her, I don't. Harsh but true to me I'm afraid.

I personally found the whole jade circus extremely disturbing before she was diagnosed never mind the almost freak show afterwards.

I feel she should have used the media towards raising funds for the cancer cause rather than looking after her familys future that, imo, that was more than secure already.

When I get back to my girlfriends house later, she as a fellow Cancer sufferer, will be getting an extra hug from me.

R.I.P. Jade.

Soldato
Those poor little boys:(. I have nephews that age, god only knows how they would be in this tragic situations.

R.I.P Jade Goody:(.

OcUK Staff
Dying at 27 is a very young age... I hope she does rest in peace, even though some people do not like her media personality, I like the fact she has raised awareness greatly and this could/have saved many lives which may of not been saved.

Back
Top Bottom