• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best card for component out to HDTV

Associate
my hd2900 worked perfect component out as did the 1900xtx before that but don't know about my 4870 because its on hdmi this is to a panasonic plasma early cats did have an overscan problem @ 1920x1080 but this was sorted out some time ago.

Soldato
OP
You're saying that the component out is that good ?(!) Near to VGA quality ?

I've had to go back to old drivers in order to the fix the overscan issue and give my current setup 7/10. The pixels are ever so slightly blurred which is ok if you're watching xvids but not great for HD content.

Soldato
OP
Sorry to bump this...

But I've tried the 4800 series all except the 4850 and tbh the quality as dire !

I've done everything I can refresh rates / overscan / underscan and the results are the same on all cards. FUZZY ! The xbox in comparison is crystal clear. I've also tried it on different TVs with the same result.

Is there anything I am doing wrong or is this the best I'm going to get out of these cards ?

Soldato
OP
Download the nVidia Overscan Compensation utilities:
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/..._tbl=9&p_id=2064&p_created=1177973296&p_olh=0

You'll need to restart the PC after enabling or disabling the overscan, and then go into the NV control panel and set the "Flatpanel Scaling" to "Do Not Scale" (or whatever setting you want).

Thanks I'll try it (link gives a 403) albeit will it work on an ATI card :confused:

Get a decent TV with full pixel mode via DVI/HDMI? Works perfectly for me.

LMAO !

Soldato
Check your refresh rate. I found on my Panny plasma via HDMI, I get underscan (smaller than the screen display) if set to 59Hz, whilst 60Hz it instantly does 1:1 at 1920x1080. Might be worth looking at.

4870 via HDMI to my 42PZ80 works brilliantly.

Back
Top Bottom