Spec me a camera !

Associate
Im no Professional but i want a camera that :

Can hold its quality even when zoomed in.
Take good pictures in the dark.
Take good quality Videos
Can take large ( ~8GB or so ) memory cards.

Budget - Well, nothing over £150 really, but i may streach up to £200.

Permabanned
Are you looking for a compact? Or are you wanting a bit more control and something with more creative options? If the latter then you should be looking to get some second hand DSLR equipment or a newer Bridge camera of some kind.

Permabanned
In which case you should be able to get an excellent compact for your budget. Unfortunately I don't know enough about current compact models to be able to recomend any. There are plenty of people on here that will though I would have thought.

Associate
For that price range and to leave you with some flexibility, I'd say try a Fuji s8000fd which can be had refurb for £99, has terrific 18x zoom and will take good shots.

Might struggle in low light but so will everything under a few hundred.

I've just bought a Canon SX10, another bridge camera but a little more than you've budgeted for.

Associate
OP
Im thinking of

Competitor link removed. Please read the rules.

Seems good for the price. The large lens makes me think it will produce decent photos?

hmm s8000fd looks good too

Soldato
Best remove the competitor link ... OcUK sell cameras ;)

Fuji bridge cameras have always been pretty good, so I should think it's a fairly safe bet. Google for website reviews and user reviews to get some opinions. If possible, get out to a shop and try one in the flesh before you buy.

Back
Top Bottom