TF2 - Help with Scouts/Unlocks

Soldato
Alright guys.

Have had some awesome sessions over the past few days and have been playing for hours straight. I am truly hooked.

One thing I'm wondering, I've searched in existing threads and looked on other sites but i've had no joy...

How on earth do you get the bat and ball for the scout? Do you have to unlock all the achievements for the class to be able to unlock the new weapons?

The achievements seem to be rock hard yet loads of people have the unlocks :confused:

Cheers.

Don
the medic unlocks are the best in the game btw

check your achievement tracker ingame, after i think 10 unlocks you'll get the new gun, something like 16, the bat, and 18, the energy drink

the bat is a bit crap imo, because you lose double jump, double jump is the scout's best ability

most of the unlocks are easy, set them to display on your HUD, and you'll keep a track of them easier :), like 1000 double jumps shouldn't take that long really if you do it constantly

Associate
achievement server, thats wat i done, may be a bit naughty but it gets u all the milestone achievements (or all if u want to ruin more fun) which is wat u need for unlocks

uv

uv

Soldato
achievement server, thats wat i done, may be a bit naughty but it gets u all the milestone achievements (or all if u want to ruin more fun) which is wat u need for unlocks

Good thinking... now you can use all that time you saved to learn English!

Associate
the scout acheivements are very specific. Heavy and Pyro (don't play medic) I got just from playing for a while, think heavy ones took me like 8 hours to get the 3 unlocks.

Scout on the otherhand u have to specifically go for things. Sucks

Associate
Glad this post came about. Just bought the game for myself yesterday and was wondering how I get new shiny guns etc... Thanks OP, saved me writing my own thread :). Maybe see some of you in the Ocuk Community server soon!

Soldato
Not to be trying to hijack or anything but I'm getting near the end of the heavy acheivements but the one that bugs me is killing someone with a taunt, is this even possible? Been trying for ages but no luck (yes I realise it's the one where he pretends his finger is a gun)

Associate
Not to be trying to hijack or anything but I'm getting near the end of the heavy acheivements but the one that bugs me is killing someone with a taunt, is this even possible? Been trying for ages but no luck (yes I realise it's the one where he pretends his finger is a gun)

Eh? That's got to be the easiest of the lot. They need to on the other team, not ubered and within about 3 feet straight in front of you at the moment you say "pow".

Be sure and check you haven't got it already ;)

Soldato

That is the best achievement, i did once, and the guy rage-quit. Everyone laughed so hard :D

It is possible, and apparantly at a higher range then people might think, but of course its easier if they are close. Easiest thing is try and sneak round to the back of a team (say 2fort) on a small server, and point your finger at the sniper.

I managed the other day, using the scouts baseball bat combo to whack someone 25m, you use the taunt :D

Caporegime
There was a post on the dev's blog recently stating that anyone caught using this would have the unlockable items removed from their account for a while.

second post down:
http://www.teamfortress.com/

So.. I'd not use the S.A.M. ;)

I did.

Lost my weapons for a week.

Now there back, carry on playing.

The sooner Valve realise Achievements are cool, Weapons are cool, but grinding achievements to get weapons isn't so cool, the better.

Associate
It doesn't really take much time to earn the 20 achievements you need for all three unlocks though. There's normally ten or so you'll get with your eyes closed and another ten you can aim toward and get after a few hours.

Just never saw the appeal of the unlocks myself though. Mostly play medic or pyro and pretty much always stick with the original weapons.

Associate
The only unlocks that I use are the medic unlocks, only because the blutsauger & ubersaw are noticeable improvements on the needle gun & bonesaw. The kritzkrieg is great fun in the right situations as well :)

But for Heavy & Scout (hardly ever play Pyro) I use the original weapons, they're better :cool:

Caporegime
It doesn't really take much time to earn the 20 achievements you need for all three unlocks though. There's normally ten or so you'll get with your eyes closed and another ten you can aim toward and get after a few hours.

Just never saw the appeal of the unlocks myself though. Mostly play medic or pyro and pretty much always stick with the original weapons.

This may be the case now, but only since Valve have dropped the number of achievements needed. Back in the day of the Medic unlocks when you needed all 36 to get all 3 weapons, you had to take up grinding as a full time job to be able to get them!

Back
Top Bottom