Thinking about a Road bike

Soldato
OP
If all else failed I would have gone for the Cayo or the Boardman, but since this is an experiment for me I don't really want to spend to much, especially as I need a lot of other kit (lights, tools, spares, etc).

Maybe I'll upgrade if I get an invite to the Arch to Arc Enduro next year (on a stag do this year).

Soldato
Congrats on the bike Asprilla, looks like a nice rice and especially for that price.

I settled on my new bike after quite a lot of testing and research.
Niiiiiiiice. Currently being very tempted by a couple of Focuses. The lower spec Cayo for a straight up road bike, or maybe the Mares Expert for a bit more versatility.

Soldato
Yep from Wiggle, as far as I'm aware they are the sole UK distributor. I've had an opportunity to ride it, someone I know at the triathlon club has one of these and lent it to me for a weekend. And it was brilliant, quite simply.

Yes I've bitten the bullet and gone with Shimano, simply because that is what is shipped with the bike. At the end of the day I prefer Campags, but this is my fifth bike now, so I'm not moving, just..branching out ;).

As a platinum customer I have 14 days to return it free of charge if I don't like it. I plan to try and put ~100 miles on the clock in those 14 days, just to make sure I like the bike properly. An 850KM race is a different proposition to a weekend riding around Cambridge.

Incidentally you can get a Cayo for <£1,000, and yes I'd highly recommend the frames but you've bought now.

Is an 850KM race multi-day? Would be one hell of a sportive! :D

Associate
[DOD]Asprilla;13715613 said:
Getting hold of an 08 Boardman is virtually impossible at the moment. There are certainly none in my neck of the woods. It's hard enough to find a 09.

Halfords can ship in from any branch that has them - I find it hard to believe that they have none in stock anywhere. On the Boardman site there are other suppliers too.

Soldato
OP
Do you mean the 08 or 09?

There are about seven Halfords and one BikeHut within easy distance of my house and only one of them has the 09 Team Carbon in stock and two have the 09 Team. None can lay their hands on the 08 bikes that I would be interested in.

The other suppliers listed on the Boardman website are BikeHut and Cycle Republic, which are both owned by Halfords. Halfords have an exclusive deal to sell the Boardman bikes.

Back
Top Bottom