Paint Pod's. Any good?

Soldato
You have to buy the special pods for it, hence Archangelus's reference to the limited colours availiable. The paint is mixed to a specific viscosity so that it can be pumped through the system.

kai

kai

Soldato
my weekend job in B&Q, we have lots of nil returns comming back, due them basically breaking down in some shape or form. However i have heard some really good comments about them from other customers, seems to be a mixed bag.

As for the paint itself, i really cant see this been solt a year down the line, as its not that popular and people will be stuck with the machine. Also you cant use normal paint, as it gets clogged. Few customers have washed out their pot and put normal paint in there trying to water it down, no joy.

£1.97 roller set. Throw away when done no cleaning is the most popular option

Last edited:
Soldato
Actually I find the lack of colours helps, how many shades of white do you actually need ;)

The paint is of really good quality and the coverage is excellent, a little paint goes a long way. It's great for ceiling with very little mess and splatter once you get used to not overloading the roller.

My old man was a builder by trade and even he was impressed with the finish it gives, it's great for large areas, bit of a fiddle when you have lots of doors/windows etc.

HEADRAT

Soldato
I have a friend who works at delux and they had the big hype when it was released. Their conclusion after being given one was its not worth having when you factor in the price of the watered down paint you get in a pod(apparantly all their water based paints will work with it if you water them down enough).

Back
Top Bottom