'Tis a women thing really..

Associate
Bournemouth. Lovely beach, plenty of shopping for her and should be fairly easy to get to.

Aero

Good idea

My first idea was the Eurostar to Paris for 2 nights, not that I said so as it would cost a fair amount and I am saving up for a silly car.

I can't take her to Wales she was not impressed when i made her come to watch the rugby over valentines

Soldato
Good idea

My first idea was the Eurostar to Paris for 2 nights, not that I said so as it would cost a fair amount and I am saving up for a silly car.

Paris is sillly expensive, we spent about £500-600 over nigh on 4 full days (3 nights), and the hotel + Eurostar were payed for by her work ontop. Lovely though !

I can't take her to Wales she was not impressed when i made her come to watch the rugby over valentines

Tough, learn her and make her appreciate what she is given :p

Wherever you choose it will be wrong !

Associate
Paris is sillly expensive, we spent about £500-600 over nigh on 4 full days (3 nights), and the hotel + Eurostar were payed for by her work ontop. Lovely though !

Wherever you choose it will be wrong !

Probably, that is expensive even more so than London. I suppose it depends on what you get up to out there.

Bournemouth has been added to my list of places, which i will try and force her to pick one of tonight.

Mechanical Engineer in London? what do you do/work for?

Associate
Me : So what do you want for valentines day?
Her : Oh nothing *smiles sweetly*

So I think to myself, women always moan that men never listen, so I will listen this time.

Surely, if she wants something but doesn't want to say or wants me to choose then she would have said

'Anything you get is fine' - or 'surprise me' - both of these sentences suggest that I get something. She obviously used the word 'nothing'.

Valentines day comes around and I got her nothing.
I got into *lots* of trouble for that.

I'd still do that though until she learnt the difference between the words 'something' and 'nothing'.

Soldato
Probably, that is expensive even more so than London. I suppose it depends on what you get up to out there.

Bournemouth has been added to my list of places, which i will try and force her to pick one of tonight.

Mechanical Engineer in London? what do you do/work for?

London is like poundland compared to Paris, especially with the Euro vs Pound rates at the moment. 2 Coffees in Paris at about 8 Euros really did take the mick.

On a Grad scheme and work on the underground, but not for London Underground though :)

Soldato
there are no girls on the internet! :p
FACT

i normally try and avoid most of the conversations that have happened in here but i got this one on Tuesday...

<blah>

grrrr i am still none the wiser. Any one recommend a place in the south of England, i am from up north and haven't seen anything outside of London.

cornwall.
take her surfing etc, get a place near Hayle so you can go st Ives etc but not be miles away from good beaches (Gwithians nice down there).

Soldato

I took my missus to bournemouth for valentines day. Fish and chips on the beach. A nice stroll along the beach. A park leading up to the shops. Plenty to see and do nearby.

If you want to go there just don't tell her wheres shes going and drive her there. Its less hassle that way and you're being thoughtful by surprising her!

Win win

Aero

Soldato
Me : So what do you want for valentines day?
Her : Oh nothing *smiles sweetly*
[...]
Valentines day comes around and I got her nothing.
I got into *lots* of trouble for that.
Teehee! I did that with my bloke. Totally agreed - we were away that weekend anyway which was going to be nice (Stockholm) so nothing special was to be done.

I of course, found a blank card and wrote a nice message in it to give him on the day anyway. Of course, we'd agreed nothing so he did nothing :)

I wasn't bothered but we were out there to see family as well as the city and a gig - and Dad asked him what he had planned for 'my daughter' - the poor guy looked at me and said we'd agreed to do nothing - I backed him up but could help but laugh at Dad then going to town and almost telling the boy off!

Oh well, the BF got his own back later when Dad was a bit 'tipsy' on the whiskey I'd brought him, and started saying stuff about me and him both being Scorpios, and that Scorpios like a lot of sex - I told him the whiskey was talking and his reply was "Noooo I've read the books, and I know my daughter!"

...aargh.

Nah, just the ones on here know better than to venture into this thread. ;)

Aye. But we are all bat-**** crazy.

cornwall.
take her surfing etc, get a place near Hayle so you can go st Ives etc but not be miles away from good beaches (Gwithians nice down there).

Cornwall on a Bank Holiday? Have fun stewing in the car, ESP from London!

(Psst, Membury's the best M4 service station IMO. You'll get used to the M4. And M5.)

Caporegime
A woman does not want the truth; what is truth to women? From the beginning, nothing has been more alien, repugnant, and hostile to woman than the truth - her great art is the lie, her highest concern appearance and beauty.

Back
Top Bottom