The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

Soldato
newcastle was class,

was not expecting that set list, saw most of the stuff I missed last time.

diesel power was probs the most impressive for me. I had a big silly grin on my face when that started blasting out. bass was just insane.

there were some muppets at the gig; the prodigy fans / crowd seems to have changed a lot over the years.

I was suprised at the amount of empty seats mind! I was sitting just to the left of the stage, but wanted to move around to the far / back of the arean half way through. I didnt though lol... wa one of those 'okay, after the enxt song' things.

Soldato
forgot to add, did you see the idiots throwing bottles at dizzie's DJ, i know it;s totaly expected at gigs and things, and the fun police don;t really exist at events like that. but there's just no need to throw stuff at the erformers equipment; i saw his decks take 2 hits from full bottles and the poor guy was just mopping up the water with his towel.

youth of today huh?

Associate
OP
Cant believe they played Death Of The Prodigy Dancer in Cardiff! i love that tune and pray t ogod they play it again in Birmingham on Thursday :D

Heres the set list for both gigs...

WORLDS ON FIRE
THEIR LAW
BREATHE
(breathe dbstp)
OMEN
NO GOOD
POISON
WARRIORS DANCE
FIRESTARTER
(action riff)
RUN
THUNDER (Newcastle only)
VOODOO
DEATH OF (Cardiff only)
COMANCHE
-------------
Omen Reprise
INVADERS MUST DIE
Diesel Power
SMACK
Take me to hospital
Out of Space

Associate
OP
Associate
brilliant night newcastle and im suprised at how good dizzee actually was, its not usually my type of music but hes a good performer i must say. honestly though those people who were throwing stuff at the decs are complete idiots but i couldnt help but laugh when dizzee stoppe the song and said "here, your going to have to stop throwing **** at the decs' and continued the song like nothing had happened. Thats skill right there lol :D

Associate
What double encore?

I was at the newcastle gig on monday night, and to me it didn't seem like an encore. My opinion of an encore is they come back out for one last song, they just played continuously, except maybe a 3 minute break of the crowd chanting "one more song"

I personally thought Dizzee stole the night, brilliant performer and had the crowd going constantly with a string of awesome tracks, including the new one's as well. Deff buzzed up for the new album now.

Thought the newcastle crowd was good, the usual plebs everywhere you go throwing stuff, but i was right at the front off to the rightish and saw a few people getting a right good kicking.

Then much to my delight near the end. I was bang at where the dude came out at the right, shook his hand as well, was well chuffed. :D

p.s- total disgrace that when some classic dubstep tunes came on no one reacted. eastern jam by C&S was a total scorcher!!!!!!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Brum tonight, cant wait :D
For those going to any of the remaining gigs....

Security alert
There has been a serious problem with pickpocketers at the last three arena shows.

We are taking measures to eliminate these people but to limit their opportunity make sure you leave any non-essential valuables at home and any you do bring make sure they are secure.

Please note, no ones safety has been at risk. These are pickpocketers.

The Prodigy Management.

Soldato
What double encore?

I was at the newcastle gig on monday night, and to me it didn't seem like an encore. My opinion of an encore is they come back out for one last song, they just played continuously, except maybe a 3 minute break of the crowd chanting "one more song"

I personally thought Dizzee stole the night, brilliant performer and had the crowd going constantly with a string of awesome tracks, including the new one's as well. Deff buzzed up for the new album now.

Thought the newcastle crowd was good, the usual plebs everywhere you go throwing stuff, but i was right at the front off to the rightish and saw a few people getting a right good kicking.

Then much to my delight near the end. I was bang at where the dude came out at the right, shook his hand as well, was well chuffed. :D

p.s- total disgrace that when some classic dubstep tunes came on no one reacted. eastern jam by C&S was a total scorcher!!!!!!

I didnt think Dizzee Rascal went down that great really? if it was down south the place woulda been mental, but the toon doesnt really appreciate dizzee :)

I like some of Dizzee Rascals stuff , but some of it I just find totally repetitive. Cant knock Bonkers though, that tore the place up!

Back
Top Bottom