X32I Redemption (Cryengine 2) *Space Simulator*

Associate
OP
Yep I did, glad you liked it! (Can you tell I'm bored at work today?)

Isn't that the definition of work? ¬¬ :p

X32I's basic story line is this...

For those unfamilliar with X32I it was already a Crysis mod in the past and a fairly popular one, but based on a 4 man skirmish onto a alien world X32I. However I've decided to restart my fictional sci-fi universe, and make a space simulator game similar in style to Freespace 2.

X32I is a long dead planet, once home to a powerfull race, however due to their lust for knowledge they often fought themselves, and eventually their lust was thier undoing.

2012:

The US military in 2012 managed to create a large stable wormhole, but for some reason the wormhole only ever links to one point in space, near a planet codenamed X32I.

Unknown to the Americans many nations are also building similar devices, and eventually this would lead to a massive war for control of the planet, and it's alien technology.

2087:

The United Earth Alliance is formed, consiting of countries such as the United States, Great Britian, Japan, and many european countries. Their goal is to unify the planet, and combine their efforts to tip the balance in their favor.

2145:

This is the year the game is set in, and also the year where the balance of power is going to greatly change. The UEA is about to launch a full scale offensive on the remaining mercenary forces near X32I.

It's more complex than it sounds so far, primarily because I'm more of a visionary than a writer at heart. ¬¬

The broken ship in the trailer is your ship in 2148, however it does a 3 years earlier and you play through until it gets to that point in time to find out what happened to David Greenhall.

In the process of getting voice actors too, at the moment I got one from my last mod project who is amazingly talented.

Soldato
Isn't that the definition of work? ¬¬ :p

X32I's basic story line is this...

It's more complex than it sounds so far, primarily because I'm more of a visionary than a writer at heart. ¬¬

The broken ship in the trailer is your ship in 2148, however it does a 3 years earlier and you play through until it gets to that point in time to find out what happened to David Greenhall.

In the process of getting voice actors too, at the moment I got one from my last mod project who is amazingly talented.

Haha, I'd try coming up with an intro voiceover from that, but sounds like you're already sorted when it comes to voice talent and writing :)

Sometimes I don't think it matters if you're incredibly talented with this and that, as long as you have a *passion* for what it is you're doing.

Soldato
SirBaron said:
X32I is a long dead planet, once home to a powerfull race, however due to their lust for knowledge they often fought themselves, and eventually their lust was thier undoing.

2012:

The US military in 2012 managed to create a large stable wormhole, but for some reason the wormhole only ever links to one point in space, near a planet codenamed X32I.

Unknown to the Americans many nations are also building similar devices, and eventually this would lead to a massive war for control of the planet, and it's alien technology.

2087:

The United Earth Alliance is formed, consiting of countries such as the United States, Great Britian, Japan, and many european countries. Their goal is to unify the planet, and combine their efforts to tip the balance in their favor.

2145:

This is the year the game is set in, and also the year where the balance of power is going to greatly change. The UEA is about to launch a full scale offensive on the remaining mercenary forces near X32I.

OK really bored so intro incoming for this story, unless I get sidetracked by work (could happen!)

Intro by ...err me said:
"Space.

It all seemed like a dream, a future, a mystery.

Little did we know what was truly to come...

In the autumn of 2012, the United States military, in combination with NASA and several European space agencies, perfected the wormhole technology; a system of transporting vast amounts of goods, across vast distances, almost instantaneously.

Originally thought to be a possible respite from the terrorism and problems which plagued our homeworld, the USA kept this discovery secret from the other partner countries, hoping to find a new dawn, a new hope.

Using a series of natural phenomena, the USA began sending out probes, opening new portals, masked by periods of solar activity or other stellar occurences. However the results were not what the US government and scientists were expecting. Regardless of the calculations involved, the changes that should have made a difference, unexplainedly the final results were always the same

Every single probe returned results of the same body, the lost planet that would come to be known as X32.

Eventually, as the scientists became more and more aware of what lay behind the wormhole, a manned space mission was planned.
This was launched in 2031, dubbed Operation Archimaedes. As far as the US military and government were concerned, it was a great success, humanity had made it's first true steps into the stars; and by 2045 a space station lay in orbit of X32, the US Amura, with the mandate to explore and understand the nature of the planet before them.
From this planet, the technologies and histories of an ancient race, known by scientists only as race alpha, began to be exhumed. These led to miraculous developments in both technology and also understanding, but for the notion of public order these advances and discoveries were kept purely behind closed doors, leaked slowly to the rest of humanity, much like microwave and computer technology had, only a century previously.

Despite the best intentions, and the most covert research however, the USA was not the only country in development of it's own wormhole technology; European countries involved in the original research, yet not privy to the results, began to experiment with thier own data; whilst the Asian superpowers used technology, both stolen and internally developed for the same purposes.

War was inevitable.

World War III finally erupted in the year 2067, sparked off by the unprovoked destruction of the Amura station, and culminating in the creation of the United Earth Alliance in 2071, a cross continental coalition of like-minded countries, born from the remnants of the now-dead European Union, along with the remaining American states; and the destruction of the west coast of America by a cross continental barrage of missile technologies derived from both technology the Asian powers had stolen and created from thier own missions to X32.

Presented with the very real possibility of human extinction, the UEA council, led by Chancellor Garius Broadhall, forged the Atlantic-Asian Peace Concord; a treaty designed to prevent further hostilities, and intended to open the doors to a new era of peace and understanding.

*dramatic pause*
If only it had worked that way...

My name is David Greenhall, a son of the UEA. My family were originally descended from English and Germanic blood, but none of that matters anymore. For the last 20 years, hostilities and tensions have slowly risen between the UEA and the remaining Asian and African powers, caused by needless bickering between member states and old racial hatreds, combined with the usual bureautcratic inadequacies, and inflamed by the constant raids sponsored by these states on our territories on X32.

The time has come to claim X32 once and for all; to end the cycle that has plagued humanity since it began, to evolve.

May god commit this day forever to history, for it is the day that humanity will begin anew...

*Computer Voice*

The last recorded vox-log of David Greenhall, United Earth Alliance Naval Corps, dated 31st December 2144.

*Static*"

Hope someone enjoys this :p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
OK really bored so intro incoming for this story, unless I get sidetracked by work (could happen!)

Hope someone enjoys this :p

Awesome post, fancy being the writer for X32I, there are perks, granted not many but there are :p. If you will allow I shall use this as the official intro to the game.

Associate
OP
Yeah I think my MSN is bugged at the moment so email or the x32i forums is probably the best bet at the moment :p.

Either email that or [email protected]

Will probably need you to come up with story for some of the ships like their background and what they are like etc.

As for thread news http://x32i.org/ is online and is not 100% finished yet, but it works at least. :p

Soldato
Hahaha ok, will do :)

And ship stuff, as soon as I get an idea on what they're like I'd be happy to write up that sort of stuff :)
I'll sign up on the forums in a little while :)

edit: have dropped you a direct email so you have mine. Registered on the forums as Tyranuus.

Alex

Last edited:
Associate
OP
header.jpg

Another Update:

Planet Test (Planet rotation + Atmosphere rotation):

Watch in HD fullscreen to see the difference, and switch between the time, it's subtle especially with youtube :bleh:, but it moves :p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vom0I30BxI4&fmt=22

Missile Cruiser + Planet shot:

Alexrose1uk has also written two pieces which can be found here

Story:

http://x32i.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=27

U.E.A. ThunderBird:

http://x32i.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=34

Soldato
Dude, this looks great so far. I seriously hope you guys actually finish your vision of this mod.

I see some many mods mentioned that also look great and are then never finished. :mad:

Soldato
Hey there guys. Been a while since an update was made here so wanted to let you all know...we're still alive :)

Work is slow but steady, what with most of the team members having work, college/uni commitments and the like, not to mention summer being the period where everyone forsakes the idea of spending time with thier computer!

Basic bits and pieces like the flight controls, and mechanics are in place, and development on the models, concept art etc is all under way.

I'm not going to lie, the project is one hell of a long way to completion, perhaps a year or so easily, but that's because the intent is for this to be an extremely ambitious project; we're not professionals, but none of us want this to look like an amateur job.

The other thing to note is while we intend this to be a really fun game, there's also going to be a little depth to it, this isn't a flight sim for ADD sufferers or an arcade game, but will actually be a flight sim; capital ships are BIG, and have a lot of firepower. If you're not willing to accept this game won't all be action, then we're not the mod for you, as we're more interested in following in the likes of Freespace and the X-Wing titles.

The link to our current (WIP on a better one) website is in my signature, but we also have a moddb entry at the following:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/x32i/

Hope you guys who showed your enthusiasm for this several months ago are as excited and looking forward to this as much as I am. :)

The team has expanded from just SirBaron and a few others, til we have a team now in the 'teens.
We're still looking for good concept artists with imagination, but by and large we're looking healthy, although if there's a good enough reason we always have our eyes open for new talent; we'd be silly not to, especially given the nature of the project and the possibility of people leaving for various reasons.

By the by, we have a HD Youtube trailer up for anyone interested:
[edit] Doesn't seem to want to link here so head to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAoEq_c0H9s&fmt=22 to see it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom