Does anyone donate £2 a month to charity?

Soldato
No.
Charity begins at home. Specifically, my home. If anyone cares to donate...

Is it safe to assume that some charities spend an awful lot on 'Western' wages? :confused:

The bulk of their staff should be local-wage locals, working and spending in the countries that they are trying to help.

Soldato
I pay £1 a week to cancer research, comes directly out of my wage, it’s not much I know but I am doing my bit.

28mfz86.jpg

Associate
I signed up for a monthly cancer donation years ago due to 2 fit birds with forms coming to my works! Sad i know:rolleyes:
Regretted it then, felt better with it as i got older, and now after reading this thread, i'm doubting it again.

Do you give to make things better, or to make yourself feel better?

Permabanned
We make donations to UNICEF, Cancer Research and the Dogs Trust on a monthly basis, my sisters both sponsor children as well. It's actually quite nice reading the letters they send on a regular basis.

Soldato
I never use to give to charity because I felt like if I wasnt giving everything it wasnt enough but then I wised up and starting giving £10 a month to barnardos. I hope to give more in the future.

Soldato
Redistribution of income is effectively compulsory charity. A 50% efficiency rate would be considered brilliant (when you include admin costs and endogenous labour supply reactions). For those claiming that 50% of charitable donations ending up in admin costs is too much, it is absurd.

The fact is someone like the NSPCC can never do what they do without employing people. To have zero costs they would have to be a very small charity. Just like a normal firm there is a marginal cost to output. It cannot remain at zero forever.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Still giving £30 a month to the RSPCA and £10 a month to dog's trust, as despite all the badmouthing here, no-one has convinced me that either of these donations are worthless.

I could really do with cancelling them both these days what with extra financial commitments but meh... I will keep them up as long as I can afford it.

There are charities I will never give another penny to now though due to the amount of junk mail bullying and such like that I've experienced.

Soldato
Naff all, i have wife and kids to support, a morgage and childcare. Charity begins at home and thats where my money goes.

Pretty much..

I'm selfish ****. All charities are, at the end of the day, businesses. I've known a few people that have died of various illnesses but I would not give to the respective charities. Not enough of what is actually donated gets to where its supposed to go.. So hence, my money is mine.

Associate
Better in my pocket than theirs imo.

Although I will give change to collectors on the street and homeless people usually take advantage of me when inebriated.

Back
Top Bottom