FIFA 09 - Ultimate Team Mode

Man of Honour
Got a few players for trade if anyone is interested?

Eric Abidal - 84 - LB - French
Esteban Cambiasso - 85 - CDM - Argentina
Yakubu - 80 - ST - Nigeria
Barry Ferguson - 80 - CM - Scotland

After Spanish players as swaps if possible, any position but the full backs and GK :)

Soldato
Dont know what im doing wrong with auctions but have seen the same cards go for more and I dont get any bids?! I put Joe kinnear up for 150 starting and didnt sell him either in 1 day or two hour auctions - perhaps going for a few days is better? Managed to offload a couple of bronze players now and then..

Associate
Easiest way I've found so far is to just list your card at a stupidly high price (100k coins for example) and give your trader the details. He can then easily find the card and offer you his card as a straight swap :)

So instead of offering coins you can ofer cards as a trade? Cool, i will give it ago, Thanks ;)

Also quite confused about the chemistry and the star rating. i presume the star rating is the quality of players you have and the chem is the formation and posistion bosus rubbish but is it better to get your chem up hight so that your team will play better but if i do do that then will need to sacrifice some good players for that? any advice?

EDIT: is it better to buy players in the auction then buying packs?

Associate
So instead of offering coins you can ofer cards as a trade? Cool, i will give it ago, Thanks ;)

Also quite confused about the chemistry and the star rating. i presume the star rating is the quality of players you have and the chem is the formation and posistion bosus rubbish but is it better to get your chem up hight so that your team will play better but if i do do that then will need to sacrifice some good players for that? any advice?

EDIT: is it better to buy players in the auction then buying packs?

Definitely focus on getting a high chemistry.

I am hovering around 75 now as it is and can see a complete difference from when i was at 30-40. Players make much better runs and pass the ball better. Apparently it makes you players all around slightly better with strength and pace etc etc but there is no real way of testing that.

If you have an all english team it might be worth getting on the market and buying more english players for 150-200 (no more) with a 5-9 contract on them. This should keep your chem high enough to hopefully race towards your first gold pack.

Don't be really gutted when utter tosh comes out though :) In all of my gold packs the best player to come out of it has been Scholes on 81. Just trade with others as you go along and put your players in the collection book when they have 1 contract left as this will get you lots of points. When you fill a page of 7 collections, you get 1k coins. The 14 ones give you 5k apparently.

Soldato
I had an annoying tendancy to get "utter tosh" in my gold packs, until I got Terry and Casillas in my last 2 :D

Really short on coins and contract cards though, so tempted to flog them both and hope for a good few thousand coins!

How do you improve your chemistry by a decent amount? I play 4-4-2, and try to have the vast majority of my players wanting to play that formation, as well as getting an all English back 4, but still can't get it past 50. I am lacking a manager - is this the reason?

Associate
Quite possibly, you can probably get a nice silver manager that is 442, somebody like Tony Mowbray for pretty cheap.

Also if you have an English 442 manager with 7 english players i think it should get over 70 ish.

Associate
Got a few players for trade if anyone is interested?

Eric Abidal - 84 - LB - French
Esteban Cambiasso - 85 - CDM - Argentina
Yakubu - 80 - ST - Nigeria
Barry Ferguson - 80 - CM - Scotland

After Spanish players as swaps if possible, any position but the full backs and GK :)

I've got Riera - i'm interested in Abidal. Not sure how this trading business works though.

I'm enjoying the game - i've got to get my team chemistry up, its at 40 atm. I've got too many wingers in my team of random nationalities.

Soldato
Is it me or do you have to buy a lot of bronze packs just to get contract extentions? Is it best to play high 5 star teams to get more coins even if you loose?

Is that how you've been getting contract extensions? I've been going for gold packs, but obviously you don't get as many cards as you can't afford many! How long do bronze contract cards work for on gold players?

Got my chemistry sorted slightly, brought in David Moyes for 1200 coins and have seen my chemistry jump to 60. Makes a vast difference, I swear that my players all run twice as fast!

Soldato
complete change over to spanish team, almost complete.

Villa(92) - Amauri(97)

Me(96) - Arteta(90) - Fabregas(89) - Luis Garcia(88)

Capdevilla(89) - Puyol(94) - Legrottaglie(92) - Sergio Ramos(89)

Casillas(94)

Kaka, Robinho, Aquilani, Baraja, Nesta Subs.

Aragones(92) Manager 4-4-2.

87 team chemistry! :D

Just need to get torres, another decent centreback, and some 4-4-2 player cards and i should be into the 90's! :D

Think I might have played you yesterday - if not you it was someone else with that front 6. Got thrashed :(

Associate
Is that how you've been getting contract extensions? I've been going for gold packs, but obviously you don't get as many cards as you can't afford many! How long do bronze contract cards work for on gold players?

The bronze contract cards only extent gold players by +1

I dont have any gold so i use them on my reserve bronze or silver players, Its so hard to keep a consistent team going when the contract runs out after a few games. i think if they did away with the contract thing then i would be a much enjoyable game in stead i have to change so many players around just so i can keep them longer.

Back
Top Bottom