Windows 7 Media Centre Thread

Associate
The new WMC in W7 also supports the RGBY buttons of standard digital TV, and hitting the red button takes you instantly into digital text - no delay like on a standard freeview box - I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-900

Soldato
OP
They've done something to the Codec's used for HD over DVB-S, so BBC HD and ITV HD aren't working in the latest build(s). Not sure about 7106 though....

BBCHD works fine in 7068. I recorded Finding Nemo the other night, HD and 5.1DD, and the file is 15.8gb!!:eek: Can't find a way to convert the file to something else though.

Edit; iTVHD is working too now. Maybe it was fine before and they just weren't broadcasting the ID page.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The new WMC in W7 also supports the RGBY buttons of standard digital TV, and hitting the red button takes you instantly into digital text - no delay like on a standard freeview box - I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-900

Have you been able to input numbers though? When I try it, with keyboard or remote, it just enters like you're selecting a channel.

Permabanned
My MCE with changed skin.

mce7k.png

mce7g.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Is that the wallpaper from the start up screen (not the one with the nice cheeks!;))? How do you change it?

On a side note, do you find imon works OK in Win7 as it sometimes won't load for me?

Soldato
ITV HD Works for me in 7077 but I have to play BBCHD first then swap to ITV HD - if its still not working ie black screen with audio press "stop" then "play" and then it works.

Hope this helps

Soldato
OP
if its still not working ie black screen with audio press "stop" then "play" and then it works.

Hadn't tried that so if it happens again I'll know, thanks. I think the FA cup footy is on iTVHD at the weekend so I'll test it then.

what BETA version is that?

I'm on 7068, optitech-uk is 7077. I don't think there's much difference between them in Media Center.

Permabanned
Is that the wallpaper from the start up screen (not the one with the nice cheeks!;))? How do you change it?

On a side note, do you find imon works OK in Win7 as it sometimes won't load for me?

It certainly is :)

Check out this baby,
http://www.bigbrains.com/2009/02/17...r-theme-media-center-changing-the-background/

Change your background PERMINANTLY :) :p

Yeh my imon works fine not had a problem yet with anything.

I'm on 7068, optitech-uk is 7077. I don't think there's much difference between them in Media Center.

Correct, I am on 7077 :)

Man of Honour
hey guys, what is the reason windows resorts to basic when playing blu-ray. I assume it's turning of aero and other such and maybe changing resolution?
Is there a way to stop this? or what are the settings it reverts o, so I don't get the annoying pop up every time I insert a blu-ray.

Soldato
What are people's experiences with playing 1080p MKV files in 7MC?

Presume the built-in x264 decoder won't cut it and you still need the ffdshow tryouts or CoreAVC? Does it work ok?

Soldato
OP
Use the codecs that I posted on page 2 and it works fine. All the necessary codecs are in there but it's not too bloated.

You can choose to use the ffdshow codec in the config if you want but the MS one seems to be very good.

Back
Top Bottom