Any good Sat-Nav software for the iPhone?

Commissario
I ask as I need to use it to get to somewhere tomorrow and don't think I can solely rely on written directions!

Don't mind if it costs a few quid, as long as it actually works!

Associate
far as i'm aware iphone only has a-gps and not the actual gps that connects to satelites.

a-gps uses internet and network to trianglelate your location. maybe thats why you dont see proper sat nav apps, correct me if i'm wrong .

Soldato
far as i'm aware iphone only has a-gps and not the actual gps that connects to satelites.

a-gps uses internet and network to trianglelate your location. maybe thats why you dont see proper sat nav apps, correct me if i'm wrong .

iphone 3g has full gps capabilities. I imagine when sat nav apps arrive they will be fairly expensive

Associate
No more then £50 I'd guess as your only paying for software, when buying a standalone sat nav you get hardware + memory card + box + instructions

Associate
turn-by-turn GPS has been available on the iPhone 3G for a few months now. Unfortunately I can't really say any more without breaking the forum rules so :p

Associate

You're wrong! :p A-GPS uses the cell/wifi triangulation to help get an accurate fix more quickly as the satellite GPS lock is still being established.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-GPS

Associate
I held out for something like this for ages (well, from June last year when the 3G was released) but ending up fed up of waiting and just bought a tomtom...

apple put far too many restrictions on what you can and can't do, but at least they've changed their mind on this one...

Back
Top Bottom