Prank Phone Calls

Soldato
Some little **** keeps ringing me and saying absolutely nothing, sometimes blowing down the phone or playing music through it.
I've no idea who it is and they have been doing it randomly every few days :o Even if I leave it answered they will keep the call open for 10minutes, even more, mostly in silence.

I've started playing the Friends and Flintstones theme tunes down the phone back to them but they just blast white noise back at me.

Anyone got any ideas? If I don't answer it they just leave it ringing and ringing and ringing or if I reject it they do the same.

Soldato
Serious answer - inform the police, they can get BT to trace the call and pay the person a visit.

Non-serious answer - get a whistle, like a ref uses in a football match, and when you're sure they've called then blow the whistle as hard as you can down the line. Make sure it is them who's on the line if you do this though ;)

Soldato
OP
I assume you've tried 1471?

It's an unknown caller.

Are you sure it's actually a person rather than an automatic dialer of somesort?

It's definately a person because they only started playing music / white noise to me when I started doing it to them.

If handset = mobile then put on silent, else unplug phone, end.

It is always on silent but it has a very loud vibration. I can't make it impossible to hear or turn it off else it'd defeat the purpose of having my phone.

Associate
As everyone says, inform BT/Police etc, though I got a weird prank phone call once. The phone rang, and they asked to speak to me, when I said hello, I got played a recording (complete with background music) of some guy offering me a job with Ocean (computer games company), they then hung up.

Was strange to say the least.

Associate
Yeap, just leave your phone off the hook when you answered it, they then won't be able to make a call until you hang up will they?

And if its some kid, sooner or later the parents will be home and they will at some point want to use it.

You can always play the "Teen Buzz" high pitched tone back down the phone lol

Soldato
I loved my SE M600, I could set that to only accept calls from people in my phone book, meant stuff like this wasn't a problem, the same went for agency calls :)

KaHn

Back
Top Bottom