Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Soldato
Hi is Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn ok with xp ?

many thx jay.

ps also your opinons on said game are welcome.

Associate
Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 are the best games of all time for me.

Enjoy :) though i would recommend you play the first with the Tutu mod before you start BG2. They are meant to be played in succession really.

Dan

Soldato
I missed these when they first came out. Do you guys who are fans reckon they've stood the test of time. I know it's hard to be objective with a much-loved game (I'm sure my vision is rose-tinted when it comes to Deus Ex and System Shock 2 - my all-time faves).

I guess it looks pretty dated graphically now? Has the gameplay stood up well for someone coming to for the first time?

I might give these games a go when I've got some of my life I can afford to waste again if they're going to be a cool as I've heard they were all those years ago...

Associate
I missed these when they first came out. Do you guys who are fans reckon they've stood the test of time. I know it's hard to be objective with a much-loved game (I'm sure my vision is rose-tinted when it comes to Deus Ex and System Shock 2 - my all-time faves).

I guess it looks pretty dated graphically now? Has the gameplay stood up well for someone coming to for the first time?

I might give these games a go when I've got some of my life I can afford to waste again if they're going to be a cool as I've heard they were all those years ago...

Definitely worth a play now. Make sure you mod the first with 'tutu' though, bring it into the bg2 engine.

I still play them, and the modding community is still very much alive, if you manage to install 'The Big World Project' (merges all the games and expansions, plus almost every single mod worth having into one huge game) thats pretty much the greatest rpg every made and hundreds and hundreds of hours of playtime.

Soldato
Definitely worth a play now. Make sure you mod the first with 'tutu' though, bring it into the bg2 engine.

I still play them, and the modding community is still very much alive, if you manage to install 'The Big World Project' (merges all the games and expansions, plus almost every single mod worth having into one huge game) thats pretty much the greatest rpg every made and hundreds and hundreds of hours of playtime.

In that case, if I manage to do that it'll probably mean divorce... :D

Cheers for the mod tips. I'll search these out in a week or two.

Associate
In that case, if I manage to do that it'll probably mean divorce... :D

Cheers for the mod tips. I'll search these out in a week or two.

Haha, well i warn you if you do try to install the Big World Project, follow the install instructions VERY carefully, because it takes a very long time (Oh so rewarding though!), and is extremely easy to mess up. I'd stick with just Tutu (easy to install) for Baldurs Gate 1 for your first run, no Big World Project. If you like the game, then you should try the Big World Project.

Associate
There is a widescreen resolution mod - I can't remember the name. I installed BG2 with this mod a week ago and have not really played much as everything including the text is tiny at 1680 x 1050 on a 20" LCD. It may be OK on a 22".

Associate
Works fine with XP, as others have said. I know this is slightly off topic, but does anyone know if there are any good mods for it? The last time I completed it I didn't have any mods installed, and there must be some decent stuff out there.

Soldato
Not played BG II but I've got the pack with BG I, BG II and expansions for both games. I've installed Tutu and the widescreen mods and although I've only justed BG I I'm loving it so far :)

Oh and it works fine with XP

Soldato
OP
I have been having a play last night and enjoying it so far but i would like a mod for the text because at the moment it looks rather awful works fine on xp also thank you all for your input.

cheers jay.

I shall take a look for the widescreen mod that saguy mentioned.

Associate
It works fine on XP. Absolutely love BG2, outside of the Pro Evo series, this is my best ever game. I'm playing it at the moment with a Monk to see if they're as good as people say :)

awww the memories. Low level its hard with a monk. But he actually becomes a one man army when he is high level

Make sure when you leave that mage island that you take the boat instead of teleport. That way you can get an amazing cloak that basically makes him immune to all magic, even beholders stupid rays:p

Associate
awww the memories. Low level its hard with a monk. But he actually becomes a one man army when he is high level

Make sure when you leave that mage island that you take the boat instead of teleport. That way you can get an amazing cloak that basically makes him immune to all magic, even beholders stupid rays:p

he's already walking at a much faster speed then normal chars :D I heard he can get as fast as the Boots of Speed! Which means I can then have two super fast chars in my little group :D

Back
Top Bottom