So.... Travellers have ended up in our carpark!

Associate
: Duuu yaa likee dag's?

: do i like what?

: DUUUUU YAAAA LIKKKEE DAG's

: ohh you mean dog's

haha brilliant film i love snatch, Turkish had it right when he said "I ******* hate ****** me" hehe

but in all seriousness i wouldnt confront them youll most likely be the one losing as you have to abide by laws whereas they obviously dont give a flying ****, freeloading ****holes

Last edited:
Caporegime
They only "owned" the land through a mixture of intimidation and threats to a local.

quite often they will own the land perfectly legally though, in fact they will often be able to outbid everyone else at auction for greenfield sites

though this is more down to everyone else only bidding for greenfield sites for say agricultural use - the travelers will simply pay a premium for it then develop on the land regardless - councils can then try to get them evicted but then all the hippies get involved and various travelers groups and it all generally gets political

Associate
quite often they will own the land perfectly legally though, in fact they will often be able to outbid everyone else at auction for greenfield sites

though this is more down to everyone else only bidding for greenfield sites for say agricultural use - the travelers will simply pay a premium for it then develop on the land regardless - councils can then try to get them evicted but then all the hippies get involved and various travelers groups and it all generally gets political

IIRC in this instance the land was owned (or at least looked after) by a farmer. It was his fields they originally camped in, in order to get them to move he resorted to selling them this land as at least then they didn't halt his livelihood.

Associate
Gypo's once made the mistake of setting up camp in West Bank, a "less salubrious" part of Widnes. They'd parked their caravans underneath a Victorian railway bridge over the Mersey, the span of which must have been approximately 80 ft off the ground at the point they'd chose to camp. Thus, all the local kids were climbing up on the bridge, then pounding them with bricks. :D They didn't stay long funnily enough.

On a similar note, some ****** set up camp across the road from the College I work at (which also happens to have a pretty rough school next-door).

After a couple of hundred chavs spent lunchtime pelting them with rocks they soon up and left.

Man of Honour
The Nazis had it right, just round up all the travellers and shoot/gas them.

Who would actually miss them?

Bit far adults should be rounded up and jailed, kids should be taken into care. with a few generations, there wouldn't be any left. It's not as if they don't brake enough laws.

Soldato
Gypo's once made the mistake of setting up camp in West Bank, a "less salubrious" part of Widnes. They'd parked their caravans underneath a Victorian railway bridge over the Mersey, the span of which must have been approximately 80 ft off the ground at the point they'd chose to camp. Thus, all the local kids were climbing up on the bridge, then pounding them with bricks. :D They didn't stay long funnily enough.

Think they moved to Runcorn. We got them in all the time when I worked at Cineworld :p

Runcorn can keep them. Matches the scenery anyway :D

Associate
Is it just me or are more and more things are a civil matter these days? :confused:

kinda, it depends if the council has an official site or not, if there is an official site, then there is no legal reason for them not to be moved on,

I'd get the legal stuff started asap, the horns blowing is good, but it turned the cars responsible into a bit of a target, the only other thing to do is prove criminal damage,

Caporegime
As already said, make LOTS of noise, they will soon move on.

Ask a local friendly haulier to abandon an old battered trailer in the access to where they are, ensure it has a 5th wheel pin lock on it.

They will soon want to get out.... ;)

You want to try living in Shropshire!

The Gypos.. or 'Travellers' as you call them, often appear up at the Midway Truckstop near Prees Heath. They will stay on the carpark for weeks until the council somehow manage to move them on, they usualy leave behind all manner of carp which then has to be cleaned up :mad:

True enough.

I believe a common tactic is to get reefer trailers to park near them, the noise drives them mad (assuming they don't drain all of the red diesel from the fridge units first!!!! :mad:)

Last edited:
Associate
As already said, make LOTS of noise, they will soon move on.

Ask a local friendly haulier to abandon an old battered trailer in the access to where they are, ensure it has a 5th wheel pin lock on it.

They will soon want to get out.... ;)

You're going to give them a source of income doing that by giving them three or four tons of steel to weigh in. Brilliant. :D

Caporegime
There is a gypsy camp outside Cambridge, that Fen Ditton residents complain about a lot, but they don't come into the centre. A few of the longer running routes round Cambridge go past it, such a dump. One does have to wonder how people live like that.

Man of Honour
It might be the same travellers that left Chippenham (just off M4) a few days ago. They were on some land on the industrial park and got moved on by the Police.

Back
Top Bottom