• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5050e or 7750BE?

Associate
OP
Sorry for asking something stupid here, but by solid cap you mean the quality of the capacitors? I am guessing now solid caps will lead to a shorter life span?

Well since there is a warranty I can only assume the product is designed to at least work for that long, but i'll see how much i can actually spend on this system at the end of the month, if i can i will definitely got for Asus or gigabyte.

Associate
Solid capacitor is simply a description of the construction of one part of the motherboard. Whether that amounts to a meaningful difference in overall quality I wouldn't like to say, one of my boards has solid sate, one doesn't, i'm not losing any sleep.
Gigabyte and ASUS are well recommended both because they are popular (ie everyone did the problem solving already) and they tend to be good about updating bios for new cpu releases.
I have also had good experience with ASrock (if not overclocking) and BIOSTAR (Bios updates are less good than Gigabyte / ASUS but the boards are good and cheap).

Of course the warranty period is the minimum you can expect the product to last. I would not worry about running non - solid cap board but as an extra feature, I would consider it a plus.

Back
Top Bottom