iPhone missing iTunes songs

Associate
Hi Guys

I purchased some songs from iTunes on my iPhone and I have purchased some songs from itunes from my PC, when I have connected my iPhone to my PC it seems to have removed the songs I have purchased off iTunes from my iPhone. I have got iTunes on my PC set to manually manage my music so I can drag and drop my music from my PC to the phone, but it seems if there are songs on my iPhone that aren't on my PC it removes them.

When I log into the Apple site I can see from the previous purchases that I have purchased the songs, I am going to contact iTunes support to see if they can make the downloads avaliable to me again. Fingers crossed as I see from the Disclaimer songs can only be downloaded once and if lost its tough!

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop iTunes taking songs off the phone if they are not on the PC? If I do get them back I dont want to lose them again when I reconnect the phone to my PC.
Has anyone else had any luck with iTunes support regarding gettign back lost downloads?

Thanks in Advance

Associate
You should just be able to re-download them. Find the track in the iTunes store on your PC, click 'Purchase' and it should say 'You have already purchased this item.' And will start downloading it.

Does that for me on the app store anyway. Should be the same.

Associate
OP
Cheers someone at work said the same thing, I tried it but although it recognised I had previously purchased the item it only prompted me to buy it again.

It seems the full iTunes application has additional option to check previously purchased songs and try to redownload them. I think I will give this a try on my PC when I get home.

Thanks

Associate
You can only sync an iPod/iPhone to one computer at a time, hence when you sync with the other computer, the contents are wiped.

Although you can re-download apps, the same isn't true for music/videos. Get in touch with Apple and ask nicely - there have been reports of others being allowed to re-download the music

Back
Top Bottom