• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI 4770 NDA lifted today

Art

Art

Associate
They could have fixed the typo's.

They probably thought it matched the atrocious graphs posted the other day.

Question from someone that doesn't really benchmark: the 4770 might lag behind the 4850 by about 4%, but how is that likely to translate into actual FPS? It'll not be a straight 96% of the FPS, will it?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll not be too far off the $99 estimate here.

Caporegime
They probably thought it matched the atrocious graphs posted the other day.

Question from someone that doesn't really benchmark: the 4770 might lag behind the 4850 by about 4%, but how is that likely to translate into actual FPS? It'll not be a straight 96% of the FPS, will it?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll not be too far off the $99 estimate here.

Roughly yes. Vantage is a pretty good indicator (within manufacturer's ranges)

And I thought the estimate was confirmed RRP? Still will make it more like £80 over here. Shame we didn;t still get $2 to the pound as it would have come in under £60

Soldato
If I am reading this right the HD4770 is gonna be a really affordable gaming card for the masses, AMD should be using the 40nm production to really save on costs and pass that on to the consumer . . .

I can't see these costing more than £75, that seems to be the going rate for a used HD4850 512MB anyway! :p

Associate
graphics cards cost too much to run, both in direct power usage & power required to run the fans keeping them well ventilated. i hope this time around we get some innovative ideas.

Remember the first 9800gtx cards, they were just 8800gts cards that for some reason needed a second pcie connector.

Associate
Well just stuck my old 8800 on the bay, looking at getting one of these. Power consumption and the fact NV are scumbags is the main reason for switching :D

Art

Art

Associate
apparently, max temp don't go over 50 degrees :rolleyes:

They mutter something untranslatable about 70'C and, sure enough, in the Furmark pic it shows 67'C :p That heatsink doesn't look like much though.

Thanks for that Greebo & Lightnix, I wasn't sure how true synthetic benchmarks are. That $99 might be confirmed RRP for the states, but like you said once it makes it over here it won't exactly be a direct conversion.

Last edited:
Associate
graphics cards cost too much to run, both in direct power usage & power required to run the fans keeping them well ventilated. i hope this time around we get some innovative ideas.

Remember the first 9800gtx cards, they were just 8800gts cards that for some reason needed a second pcie connector.

I was always under the impression that ATI cards were more power intensive then the Nvidia ones

Associate
oh well this changes everything then, was gna go with NV cos of thinking their cards did suck as much juice, but if wat u say is true might go with ATI

Back
Top Bottom