Check out this build please

Associate
Will you be overclocking? and what will the comp be used for, gaming?

I wouldnt choose a case that costs more then the CPU and motherboard put together in that priced build!

Edit: too slow :)

Art

Art

Associate
The first thing we need to know is what you want to do with the machine, and your budget.

Second, that OcUK machine is much better for the money compared to your spec. They've knocked a ridiculous amount of money off it for the This Week Only offer, the hardware is better, and it's an AM3/DDR3 system. Your system is AM2+, which is now a dead socket, and DDR2 is slowly being replaced by DDR3.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The first thing we need to know is what you want to do with the machine, and your budget.

Second, that OcUK machine is much better for the money compared to your spec. They've knocked a ridiculous amount of money off it for the This Week Only offer, the hardware is better, and it's an AM3/DDR3 system. Your system is AM2+, which is now a dead socket, and DDR2 is slowly being replaced by DDR3.

I will be using the PC for gaming, and my budget is around £700.

Permabanned
Id say go for the titan vulcan, its a cracking set up for that money, if you dont like the case you could always replace that, but other than that the vulcan is very good

Art

Art

Associate
Id say go for the titan vulcan, its a cracking set up for that money, if you dont like the case you could always replace that, but other than that the vulcan is very good

I'd probably agree, at the TWO price you're pretty much getting it professionally built with a 1 year warranty for free, and you'll have about fifty quid left over either to spruce something up or buy yourself an OS if you need one.

Soldato
If you do decide to build your own, swap the GPU out for one of these:

Same price, better performance. Go figure.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-195-AS&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1403

Slightly more, better performance (and it's BFG - amazing warranty service, free upgrades essentially).
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-086-BG&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1410

Same performance, much cheaper.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-130-XF&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=927

Permabanned
Alternatively you can do a self build based on the vulcan
Eg this, has better case, psu, HDD and cooler - note a few of these are on TWO too

AM3tower685.jpg

Art

Art

Associate

As the 4870 1024MB in the Vulcan? :confused:

EDIT: Ergh, nevermind. Silly me.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feedback everyone :)

I am still unsure what to do, I have scrapped the build I come up with for sure.

Now I am stuck with buying the Vulcan pre-made or buying the parts the Vulcan comes with as 95thrifles suggested and maybe improve the case. Either way doesn't make much a difference.

Again thanks for the suggestions.

Associate
Since you will be gaming get the best graphics card you can buy and then build the rest of the spec around that. I cant suggest a CPU/mobo setup until you say if you are going to overclock or not.

Back
Top Bottom