-= Design Our New Logo & Win a XFX GeForce GTX 285 Black Edition Graphics Card =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Looks really cool, but can i suggest you make the UK look a little bit more defined. Other than that, its looking pretty cool :)

Edited a bit and added different BG colours to match site/forums :)

ocuk_blue_bg_small.png

ocuk_black_bg_small.png

int

int

Soldato
Want to post my entry but there seems to be a lot of ripping off of other peoples ideas so I'm going to keep them to myself for the moment :p

Soldato
Is everyone using Illustrator to make their logos? I've got years of photoshop experience but as this is meant to be in vector format I feel like my hands are completely tied, judging from what I seem to be able to do... :p

I could just make a logo absolutely huge so that you would only ever have to downscale, would this be acceptable? :o

Associate
Is everyone using Illustrator to make their logos? I've got years of photoshop experience but as this is meant to be in vector format I feel like my hands are completely tied, judging from what I seem to be able to do... :p

I could just make a logo absolutely huge so that you would only ever have to downscale, would this be acceptable? :o

Assuming it might be used for a building sign at 300dpi your raster would have to be enourmous to prevent pixelisation - as they say a vector is the way forward in this case. If you can use PS, my guess is that you could pick up AI in a few hours or a day or two depending on how much time you spent on it.

Soldato
Even putting aside the vector/raster differences to be doing a proper type logo you really should be using Illustrator. Even at large sizes the quality reduction will be noticeable.

Associate

That was my original plan, I realised even 15000x8000 wasn't going to cut it on the side of a van for example (not sure if you have your own van but still...) So I thought well I'm sure I can learn Illustrator only rememeber CS3 and CS3 Illustrator are different. Ah ha I said Inkscape, before I realised that wasn't going to favour me because the interface is ALIEN!!!

If soneone from OcUK can comment on if we can work at a massive resoulution in Ps and tell what res we need, I might have another look...

Soldato
tuckenator i like yours, maby abit small though.

Spookywillow thats quite good, but again the writing seems quite small.

Pfft, who am i to talk, i struggle to use paint :p

Soldato
So many of these entries just aren't logos. Can people actually try and think:

How will the logo work on the site?
How can it be embroided? - Straight away this eliminates anything but simple block shapes.
How can it be printed cheaply?
Can it be simplified down into 4 colours/1 colour without completely changing the asthetic?

Associate
I'm really not very good with photoshop, but I was bored so played around with some stuff

here it is:
OCUK1JPG.jpg

and another idea I had:

OCUK2JPG.jpg

EDIT: uploaded as jpegs now, quality should be better. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom