Zalman clear tube ID /OD diameter ?

Soldato
Has anybody ever actually measured the inside /outside diameter of Zalman clear tube as i can't find my Vernier Caliper.

Some sites say it's 10/8 mm others say it's 3/8".

The outside to me looks slightly bigger than 10mm but the inner looks like 8mm.

Soldato
OP
Found my Vernier Caliper and took some measurements and the holes in the back pci plate are 11.9mm and unless Zalman do two types of clear tube it's the same size as the blue tube as it's 12mm outside and 8mm inside.

Associate
Hi guys
Do you know if the standard zalman 8mm ID / 12mm OD tubing fits on a 3/8" connector?
I'm looking to get a new gfx card block with such connectors and wonder if I'll have to do some magic or if it'll "just work".

Thanks

Associate
Okay
A Simpler Question.
I'm pretty sure the zalman cpu block can handle 3/8".

Would replacing the tubing on the reserator 1 with 3/8" be as simple as it sounds? i.e. Do you know if it can be secured onto the outlets on the reserator itself, without replacing them?

Associate
Hate to revive and old thread but I'd really like your guys thoughts on this aswell.

The new zalman tubing (clear not blue) seems harder to get onto fittings in general, it's less flexible than the old blue tubing so I'm more worried about ordering a 3/8" dangerden gpu waterblock, anyone happened to have had experience with this?

If I replace all the tubing with 3/8" tubing will this be fine for all zalman blocks / resorator connections?

Also what tubing would anyone here recommend? or will any do?

Finally if I end up replacing the tubing do I need new clips due to the outer dimension fittings?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom