Windows 7 hits RC stage Build 7100

Associate
Personally speaking I would not go by the file size alone as this is trivial to duplicate, the MD5 hash is the only reliable way to check as this cannot be duplicated. I only included the file size in my post so people can very quickly weed out the obviously tampered iso's. ;)

so if the hash matches then it is the 7100 is the official RC?

Soldato
Personally speaking I would not go by the file size alone as this is trivial to duplicate, the MD5 hash is the only reliable way to check as this cannot be duplicated. I only included the file size in my post so people can very quickly weed out the obviously tampered iso's. ;)

Think I'll stick with my install for the next two weeks until RC1 goes public. I am confident it is a legitimate ISO anyway.

Soldato
Has anybody got a decent guide of how to install from an external USB drive, I've run out of DVD's and I want to try and install from an external drive.

I've followed a couple of guided but when I try and install I get:

File \window\system32\boot\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

HEADRAT

Soldato
Has anybody got a decent guide of how to install from an external USB drive, I've run out of DVD's and I want to try and install from an external drive.

HEADRAT
Just make sure your PC can boot off a usb stick. Then mount the iso, and copy the files/folders from it over to the root of your usb stick. Then either run setup from the stick within windows, or just reboot and access the stick from there.

Capodecina
Soldato
Has anyone regsitered RC1 already? It came up last night trying to do it, but it failed.

I activated mine yesterday. If you've already tried and it failed, go back and have another go.

so if the hash matches then it is the 7100 is the official RC?

Yes. From the Windows7 forums:
This leak is the official RC from someone close to Redmond. It will not change later. It is branded build 7100 and is a milestone build. When MS makes it available for download, it will match this build exactly...It does not have a feedback button because it is no longer considered beta. It is for your evaluation only just like the watermark indicates.

PotatoMan83 had mentioned that they were told that MSFT would be giving out new keys for RC, yet the beta1 keys are working. My answer is that MSFT decided to leave the beta1 algorithms in place to prevent the fiasco which occurred when they tried to limit the number keys and make them unique. That did not work so they finally gave in and gave out the multiple use keys. So, why go through that again, leave the existing keys working for the RC.

Last edited:
Associate
If you are just upgrading then format the USB drive (i did FAT 32) then right click "my computer" and goto manage---> disk management and select the USB drive and set active (right click for options).

now copy the files from ISO to the USB drive (i used winrar). once finished run the setup and follow instructions.

if you done the above then you will be able to boot from that USB drive if your mobo supports and the USB drive is recognised in bios. (one of mine does USB drives is not reconisged in bios but in windows works fine)

*make sure you set "active" in disk management*

set the USB drive as 1st boot or if you can boot into the options (maybe f8 when POST starts)

you will start from the USB and then can install windows 7.

if you done everything and u get error in copying files or setup then you might have bad iso/source or bad sectors in HDD

Soldato

I've followed a couple of guided but when I try and install I get:

File \window\system32\boot\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

HEADRAT

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7vista-from-usb-drive-detailed-100-working-guide/

I used this because when I used this one (http://www.istartedsomething.com/20...hard-drive-a-bootable-windows-7-install-disk/) it wouldnt detect it as a bootable device.

Caporegime
How does one set all the files/folders to be the same view? I want them all to be medium icons but am having to do it in every folder : /

Cannot find the 'Apply to all folders/sub folders' option like on xp.

Associate
How does one set all the files/folders to be the same view? I want them all to be medium icons but am having to do it in every folder : /

Cannot find the 'Apply to all folders/sub folders' option like on xp.

I don't have Windows 7, but I guess it's the same/similar to Vista.

Click Organize in an explorer window > Folder and Search Options > click the View tab > Apply to Folders

Back
Top Bottom