airforce one flys low over manhattan scaring hundreds, what do you think?

Associate
Good idea to have the F16 folllow the 747. That way it looks less like a highjacked plane going off cource and being intercepted by the airforce.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
precisely what im thinking. i understand people were scared but its silly this constant fear of terrorism that americans seem to live under :confused:

Well, being an American myself, I can honestly say we do not live under a constant fear of terrorism. Are we more aware of it now? Yes, of course, but we are not checking under the bed for a bomb or a terrorist or inspecting our cars every morning for traps.

As for the plane, I dont know why people are surprised at how the New Yorkers acted. The last time they saw a low flying plane in their city and ignored it it ended in disaster. Its only natural for them to now connect low flying jumbo jets in a huge city to danger.

The same way a person who was involved in a serious accident may be distinctly more cautious when driving or riding as a passenger. or a person who had a mishap while paracuting may check over his gear two or three more times from now on. Are they living in fear? No, they are simply more aware of the potential danger.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Well, being an American myself, I can honestly say we do not live under a constant fear of terrorism. Are we more aware of it now? Yes, of course, but we are not checking under the bed for a bomb or a terrorist or inspecting our cars every morning for traps.

When I was living in Northern Ireland during the late '70s my parents checked under the car before every trip. But that was standard operating procedure if you were in the forces.

Soldato
hmmm seems like a scaremongering act to reminde people of 9/11. The "war on terror" is fake anyway... how can you fight a war on something you dont know... sure it can be a war on muslims... war on budists. Terror? thats nothing new - we can claim theres a war on terror for anything we want... the aim to get everyone scared so that they will back any future wars in iran etc.

Its a war "of" terror by westen world

Back
Top Bottom