STALKER sequel announced

Associate
always put off by the bugginess of it all, the atmosphere was always thick though, would be nice if the developer spend more time on a single title before moving on

Associate
Excellent news :D I enjoyed the first two games far far more than any other shooter in the previous few years (since Half Life 2, I suppose), it's a shame they've suffered from bugs or they might have been more popular games, I hope they have learned their lesson for the third one (though somehow I doubt it :().

Associate
Bought and subsequently not completed both previous games due to bugs. Saving right before a crash, patches that render your saves useless, missions not becoming available etc.

As much as I like these games in theory, they never seem to work in reality :(

Soldato
How about the devs fix the bugs in the first game before trying to get more cash from us gamers!!!

Definitely wont be buying this!

Associate
Great can't wait for this, the first is my fav game of all time. I was always lucky with the bugs and seemed to avoid most of the crashes :)

Associate
I've enjoyed the last two stalker games but the bugs and problems I've encountered. First game I had to wait 4 months for a patch that would let me load the next area of the game, and the second game all the barb wire and camo was invisible (managed to fix this using a user made patch << the fact the customer base fixed the issue before the developer is quite simply shocking).

I will still buy this game but only 2 months after release and for no more than £20.

Soldato
First two were a bugfest but to be honest, I perceviered with them and if you had a bit of patience they played out as seriously rewarding games to work through.

Looking forward to this one. ;)

Associate
Most of the bugs were fixed by the mod community. I hope they enlist/listen to their community during development on this one. Same problems as Arma (bugs) but it looks as if Arma2 could really pay-off big time, since the mod community has given a heavy input in it.
I think the Stalker series is missing an ingredient to give it that extra WOW factor, again like Arma. I hope it does suceed, we need decent pc-only games to rise above the flow of console ports.

Soldato
I didn't find the original too buggy, few little niggles but nothing more, played through it probably 5 times now. Not got around to playing through Clear Sky yet - but it is on my to-play list for the summer.
I'll definitely get the third too.

Permabanned
Loved the First game, had a 8600gts 256mb so didn't play the game really untill I got my 8800gtx which could run it comfortably maxed. By this time patch 1.6 was out and I experienced no bugs, one of my favourite games of all time, atmosphere and gfx top notch!
Eagerly awaited clear sky on pre-order however I got really far and then the game just kept crashing and there was no way gonna play through another 20 hours again thus found a savegame on the net, however this made me lose interest as it just ain't the same when all the inventory is someone elses. I got to Pripyat thus am probably about three quarters of the way through. Clear sky No where near as good as SOC and the bugs and crashes just ruined it for me, i will have to complete it one day mind.

Soldato
Good news, the earlier games were certainly buggy, which is a real shame; I haven't played the prequel yet but am currently replaying the original with the complete mod linked recently on this forum, and the game really has some character, I'm having to play it slowly as the difficulty with the mods can be hard enough to make baby jesus cry, but its so different from almost everything out that it's worth playing in it's own right, especially now they finally addressed most of the bugs and increased the performance in the multicore patches.

Can't say I love STALKER, Im kind of two minds on it, but it's definately a great game in it's own right, and I'd still like to give it a play through with Oblivion Lost mod, and also try that early version released recently from the original build.

Back
Top Bottom