Why are people such idiots?

Associate
Yes I know this is a computer forum and that there's a good chance I'll get ripped to pieces, but I don't really care so feel free :p

Basically I broke up with my girlfriend of over 2 years last week, which I really didn't mind that much (I still care about her but I didn't want to be with her).
I found out yesterday that since we had broke up she has been staying with a mate of mine, who I am supposed to be living with next year.

Now, when she told me this (which I might add, my friend no.2 who lives with guy no.1 had to basically say to tell me or he would) I understandably got angry. She couldn't work out what she had done wrong and thought I would be ok with it.

Also, I might add that I played golf all day with "friend" no.1 all day Saturday, and not one word was mentioned on this.

I managed to get hold of him before and am going round later today to talk to him.

Now, I have 2 mindsets:
1. We had broke up, and even though it was somewhat quickly they got together, I should get over it and not let this bother me
2. My friend should have known better and it is unacceptable that AT THE VERY LEAST he should have asked if I would be alright with it and he should answer for it (I have been friends with him for 3 years)

What do people think? Should I beat him with a large stick?

**UPDATE**
Well I tried phoning him again, its been at least 4 hours after he said we could meet up. Just got a text off him saying that he cant meet me tonight, as he has to sort his head out. Now I didn't say anything threatening, all I said was we need to talk about it. Makes me kinda think he is still trying to avoid me.

Here's the stick I was talking about-

DSC00055.jpg

(half joking by the way)

Last edited:
Soldato
2 !

Combination of girl being retarded, and guy thinking with his nuts rather than his brain!

Don't beat him with a stick though, if he's a good mate tell him he *&^^%ed up and owes you bigtime, and it's probably not the best idea to live together but if it's next year it's still salvageable. Don't let some girl come between a decent friendship (if it's just that which is the issue).

Best thing is to take the initiative by remind him at every opportunity that he's getting your sloppy seconds, haha :p

Soldato
Welcome to the forums.

Think about it this way: if the situation was reversed and you had your eye on her best friend, then jumped in the sack with her right away after your GF broke up with you, would you expect those two to ever talk again?

Associate
OP
More importantly, how do you know he wasn't beating your girlfriend with his large stick whilst you where together :o.... The plot thickens...

You see this is one thing thats bugging me....it seemed a little convenient that the day after we broke up she got with him.

Now this is going to sound really super gay, but they both have their status on facebook as being in a "relationship" which again is making me think she's doing it to wind me up, possibly even to stop me living with my friends next year.

I now no longer care if she fell off a cliff, its just the fact that he was supposed to be my friend, and didn't think he was in the wrong....

Caporegime
you broke up with her, she can do what she likes so can he.

go try and bang her best friend if it makes you feeel better.

Permabanned
More importantly, how do you know he wasn't beating your girlfriend with his large stick whilst you where together :o.... The plot thickens...

This, he isn't your friend at all. I am ever so amazed at how people are such bad judges of characters.

(saying that im just asking to be betrayed by someone soon aren't I!)

Soldato
I don't blaim the guy in the OP though, if my friends girlfriend came onto me after they split up I wouldn't really be thinking about him =/.

Actually seeing that they've been together would make me regret a bit... Not much though :p. Prob makes me a terrible "friend".

Back
Top Bottom