What game has the happiest memories for you?

Soldato
Probably when as a kid we got a Pong console and I thought it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. Since this was in the 70's and a new thing, something to do during the test card as in those days kids we certainly didn't have 24 hour television, we didn't even have TV on during the day except for school programs, it was start of all this that we take for granted now.

Associate
Quake II - first proper 3d game i played on pc.

MAFIA - Just. Amazing. Must have played it 5 times since. Still the best story of any game i've played. And that ending!....

GTAIII - The sheer freedom and size of the world blew me away at the time.

Associate
MOH:AA Was the first FPS i ever played, Spent countless nights playing it. Was the game that inspired me to build my own PC and then after that moved onto CSS and the Call Of Duty series.:)

Associate
MP - Planetside, early CS betas, Goldeneye N64

SP - Half Life, Doom/Quake series and pretty much everything on my Amiga :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
FF7.

Oh and Vanilla WoW. Not saying the game's worse now, just have good memories of back then. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Final Fantasy VIII
Deus Ex
Knights of the Old Republic
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
Battlefield 1942 (in a LAN cafe with mates. I've never really enjoyed multiplayer without being in the same room)

Associate
For me happiest memories are from the PRE-CU era Star Wars Galaxies.

Half-Life mods: Counter-Strike Beta 5.2 to Beta 7. Happy days! Anyone remember the old Jolt road rage servers? Also Day of Defeat Beta 1.0 through to Beta 3.0!

KotOR: the revelation scene.

Soldato
Monkey Island 2. First ever game I 'installed'. Bought purely because I liked the box cover but luckily it was an awesome game.

Broken sword 1 on the PS1. There was a big gap between the classic Lucas Arts games to when Broken Sword was released. I remember seeing previews of it and knew I was going to love it when it was released.

Return To Castle Wolfeistein. Was the first online multilayer game I played. Great single player also.

Back
Top Bottom