OCZ Sxs 500w or Corsair cx400w

Associate
hi guys,

Been waiting untill a good deal on a psu to come up and it seems the ocz 500w is on offer this week. Originally I had planned on getting a corsair cx400w which cost about the same as what the ocz is going for now.

I've read some reviews on the cx400w and other corsair psu and it seems like there are no issues with reliabilty (apparently they use really good capacitors?) at all, where as the ocz 500w had a few problems here and there with some people.

Just want your opinion on which to get and would appreciate to hear any experiences you've had with either of these in the past.

Thanks,

RK.

P.S- will be running a 7750be, 2gb, 4 hdd and a 4770/4830 so either of those should be fine.

Associate
Not intending to hijack but I was just about to create this exact same thread, im about to do an order but cant decide between these 2..

Associate
OP
hijacked! j/k. the more the merrier...

from what i've read (just user reviews off other competitors site) it seems like people that gave it a low rating (which by proportion is much less than the ones that gave it 5/5) mostly complain about the amount connectors whilst there are a small proportion saying that it makes a high pitched noise or something.

The cx400w on the other hard, i've found very little reviews on it (useful ones anyways). But generally it seems a very reliable and solid performer....

so anyone shed us some light here? I guess we've still got a week to decide, haha.

Associate
Ah well, I coldnt find much, ive actually gone ahead and ordered the OCZ, it could have gone either way tbh lol, I wasnt sure what the cut off for next day delivery so I just picked one :D

The OCZ warranty looks pretty good too.

Associate
OP
i see i see. Would you mind posting back on how the installation goes? If I do end up getting one, it would probably on the last day of the offer since i wont get to install it till the 29th anyways.

Back
Top Bottom