Croteam - Get Serious ... !!!

Soldato
Serious Update May 11, 2009 Here is the brief update on the events from both the business and development side:

Since the Serious Sam 2 was released in end of 2005, we have been working hard on a number of things, one of which is new next-gen 'Serious Engine 3' technology. More on this will come in future updates.

We have also recently started the development on two games, one of which is the next Serious Sam FPS game. Here, we are pretty close in signing the publishing deal, so when that happens, you'll hear it here as well.

Regarding military game we were working for some time, that development was halted some time ago by investors and publishers. We were doing a 'work-for-hire' development there, so after the game was put on hold, there was nothing more to do there and we moved back to our projects. Obviously, the above also means that our next title won't be published by Gamecock, as contrary to last year's published press release by Gamecock.

Finally, to reassure again all our fans, our development is going great on all three projects and we will soon have exciting things to show. Since a lot still has to be done, especially on the next Sam game, we don't have a firm release date on it yet. When we do, we'll announce it here on our pages.

Stay serious,

Roman Ribaric
CEO
Croteam
source http://www.croteam.com/

SS III, oh yes please !!!

Caporegime
Yeah, different and refreshing. Too hard for me though, the first one anyway, wasn't as keen on the second game. Iirc the first game was quite a work out for most systems at the time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Awww man, I thought they had been working on SS III all this time and they have only "recently" started it :(

TBH, LOVED SS: first encounter and second encounter.
Thought SS II was rubbish.

Associate
I remember a while ago renting out Serious Sam 2 on the xbox, It said it was 1-4 multiplayer offline on the back. But no matter how hard i looked i couldnt find out a way to play more than single player. Neadless to say i was completly outraged, With coments like WTF is the point in this game if it ISNT Multiplayer!

I actually rented this 2 times because i was soo confused as to how i couldnt play multiplayer! I never did work it out! :p

Im looking forward to SS 3 tho, Should be awesome.

Man of Honour
Good stuff; IMO Croteam are a bit underrated on the Engine front, if you look at what they achieved way back in 2001 with Serious Sam. Really good LOD scaling allowing for huge open expanses with dozens of baddies on screen at once, something rarely seen since Doom 2.

Always surprised me that their tech didn't get licensed for use by other publishers, I guess maybe it was hard to develop for or their lack of reputation and physical location (.hr) put people off.

Back
Top Bottom