Ubuntu (Crunchbang) fonts problem

Soldato
I've just installed Cruncheee, oddly enough on my Eee PC. For anyone interested it's fantastic.

I'm having only one problem, which is that on the OCUK forums, the fonts are HUGE (running Firefox). On all other websites they are fine. Any ideas?

Soldato
OP
I know, but it's not ideal :( All other websites are fine without needing to zoom out, and things like the trust button, and the info of the poster to the left of the post become really really small if you zoom out so that the text is a decent size...

EDIT:

Here's the forum at 100% zoom:
2moxtli.jpg

Zoomed out:
sg3g44.jpg

The BBC site at 100% zoom:
2ahwg41.jpg

Weird, huh?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Soldato
What's it say in Firefox -> Edit -> Preferences -> Content -> Fonts & Colors in the size variable? What happens when you set that to a smaller number?

What's the system DPI set to? I keep mine huge, on the order of 180, because it blows everything up for easy couch-surfing on my TV. 90 is a better number for a desktop. Calculate your DPI and input the correct number. I can't remember where to find this setting in OpenBox. Probably in a config file in your home directory.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hmm, I just reset the system and it seems to have sorted itself; whether Firefox's font settings didn't reset when I reset the Xserver or something I don't know, but for now I'm sorted. Cheers :D

Associate
I have this on my eee901, really pleased as I was just looking for a distro I could install on it and be done without the hassle of getting wifi installed. Did the job for me! :)

Soldato
OP
Yep, I've got it on my 901 as well. I previously had Ubuntu installed, with Adamm's kernel and the netbook remix front end, but found it a little unstable, and a few things didn't work; the mic. was pretty dodgy, as was the webcam, and there were no speed options for the CPU. Cruncheee is awesome, really impressed so far.

One thing I have found is that my battery life has been cut from ~6 to ~4.5 hours from Windows. Is this the same with you? Have you got any font problems in FF?

Back
Top Bottom