Ubuntu 9.04 and Virtualbox 2.2.2

Associate
as title says..

USB disks works fine, how have i have a D-link usb ISDN TA which gives me the following error when i try to attach.

"Failed to attach the USB device USB ISDN TA [0100] to the virtual machine VMtest.
Failed to create a proxy device for the USB device. (Error: VERR_READ_ERROR)."

details are
"Result Code:
NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component:
Console
Interface:
IConsole {9511bc54-15ee-4ddf-808e-472aba03809c}"

can any one help ?

Man of Honour
Soldato
I don't think very many people here have much experience with USB ISDN adapters. Might there be a way to sidestep the issue, using an Ethernet adapter or something like that?

Either way, I think your best bet would be to chat up some of the handsome blokes at the VirtualBox forums.

Tangentially, I'm curious as to whether the adapter works on Linux, even before you introduce the VM abstraction into the mix.

EDIT: Also, it might matter what your host and client OSes are.

Man of Honour
blokes....do Americans say that word?

And what is it with "mate?" Everytime I'm over there I get a look where somebody's about to thump away if I mention it? Not the same meaning as here I take it?

Man of Honour
Soldato
No, most Americans don't say "bloke". I do for reasons unknown.

Unless "mate" is prefaced with "G'day" the word carries something of a vague sexual connotation. It is at least an uncommon turn of phrase.

EDIT: Also, Americans don't say "chat up".

This now concludes your lesson in colloquial American English expressions.

Man of Honour
No, most Americans don't say "bloke". I do for reasons unknown.

Unless "mate" is prefaced with "G'day" the word carries something of a vague sexual connotation. It is at least an uncommon turn of phrase.

EDIT: Also, Americans don't say "chat up".

This now concludes your lesson in colloquial American English expressions.

Heh!

Sort of on topic, is virtual box a good free program as a first virtulization programme? Might give linux another whirl at some point. :)

Man of Honour
Soldato
It's an excellent choice. I think the latest version even has rudimentary OpenGL support so you can toy with Compiz. It's still not as fast as a native installation, but for trial purposes it's great. If you have an AMD or Intel proc with hardware virtualization support it's even better.

Back
Top Bottom