What are your running times?

Soldato
I tend not to run that far and I've only got distances from the gym, quickest I've gone is around 35 mins at an 11.7km/h average. Haven't ran in a good month or so though so I expect it to be a fair bit slower now. As those times will tell you I'm not a great runner ;).

Last edited:
Soldato
Keen but average runner. PB for half marathon is 1:58:11 (Sheffield this year, but only my 2nd H/M). Mainly road but also do some adventure racing which is XC and have done 10k XC races in the past.

Associate
treadmill - I sometimes see how far I can get in 35m, usually around 8.25k
or if i've already worked the legs/haven't got much time I'll do a 5k in about 21 mins

Outside I'd do a fairly hilly 8 mile route and anything under 1h was good for me.

Soldato
What's the standard like in adventure racing? I think I'd enjoy it but probably need a little more work on the bike

EDIT: just noticed there's a thread on it

Indeed. If you go for an event like Questars, you can focus on your strengths for the bulk of your points and then "fill-in" with your weaker option. For the first race of this year which I did, my team-mate and I cleared all the bike CPs, then did what we could running.

Soldato
OP
20 minutes, 4.92km is my current record, averaging about 4.67

I've not really started hitting the treadmill properly yet and have recently quit smoking, I'm however naturally quite fit. Looking to improve that time in the next few months.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I seem to have a standard speed of about 10.1kmh if my garmin is to be believed. Have only got upto about 9 miles (and that was a tad slower at 9.9kmh) so I'm definitely on the slow side. I've got a 10k coming up in early June which is my first race, so it will be interesting to see how much adrenaline impacts on my speed and whether I can nudge below 55mins.

Associate
Well I seem to have a standard speed of about 10.1kmh if my garmin is to be believed. Have only got upto about 9 miles (and that was a tad slower at 9.9kmh) so I'm definitely on the slow side. I've got a 10k coming up in early June which is my first race, so it will be interesting to see how much adrenaline impacts on my speed and whether I can nudge below 55mins.

Adrenaline provides a massive boost. You (should) always run a race faster than training. It is not only the adrenaline but also the taper period before the race, the other competitors and the general atmosphere.

Associate
10K 51m
Half marathon 1hr 50

Seem to run at the same pace regardless of distance. If I try to go any quicker I have to stop after about 500m

Associate
Not very fast!
I remember as a teenager at school doing the 100m.
I did pretty good for the first 5 meters but then I realised I had nothing left and everyone was watching.
So I had to learn to pace myself over the "100m sprint" and finished around the 90 seconds mark :D

Back
Top Bottom