The mist...Wow

Soldato
Probably pointless, but just watched this on its first showing on sky premier, and it shocked me a lot more than expected. ANy one else watch it with the lights down and sound up ?

Thought it was a remarkable film and very different to most the horror films I have seen, and Im a massive fan of that genre.

Time to get some sleep before work at 6am, not going to be easy :(

Soldato
The best modern horror film in many years, IMO - and certainly deserving of a place among the best cinematic adaptations of King's work so far.

Pacing is perfect, nothing more. Performances across the board are outstanding and nothing is over-explained. Extreme tension is deftly delivered and the ending is an absolute cinematic kick in the balls, Jane's performance really selling it home. His cries will always stay with me due to their realism - almost repeating "oooowww!" as though he's been physically hurt.

Such an amazing film.

Associate
I thought it was a well made lowish budget horror movie. Darabont got my respect from Shawshank anyway, so hooking him back up with King is win. As for the ending, it is very different from the book. This style of ending was needed for the film as maybe the original ending would not have been very satisfying. Worked well as a novella though.

Man of Honour
Interestingly the actual ending of the written story of The Mist is a typically upbeat US style ending, its only the film version which has the "depressing" ending

Associate
I really liked The Mist. I ended up buying the Blu Ray which has the film in Black and White as well as colour. I keep meaning to watch the black and white version.

Associate
I really enjoyed it. The religious aspects of the film, although annoying, are probably what would happen in that situation. As well as the ending. Very gutsy that they ended it that way.

Soldato
It's a great ending, and even if I didn't like it I certainly wouldn't be critical of filmmakers that have the balls to follow through with an ending like that.

Back
Top Bottom