Windows 7 hits RC stage Build 7100

Soldato
Can someone help me out here
I need a newsreader like outlook express so I can send virginmedia details and reports.

anyone use a simple newsreader in win7?

I'm not sure if it is exactly what you need but have you tried downloading Live Mail? Its the replacement to Windows Mail and Calendar but also has newsgroups/communities built in to the program.

Go here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Home

and then click on the windows Live download link.

Hope this helps!

Soldato
I'm not sure if it is exactly what you need but have you tried downloading Live Mail? Its the replacement to Windows Mail and Calendar but also has newsgroups/communities built in to the program.

Go here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Home

and then click on the windows Live download link.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for looking friend :)
But its a newsgroup reader I need(and a very easy one as well :) )

Associate
bought the Atari pack for a tenner and having difficulties with GTR2 and Act of War.

GTR2 is installed and patched but keeps looping round the config screen.
Act of War (patched to 1.6) installs but refuses to play and eventually comes up with some error in French mentioning something about a 16 bit app!! The game's not that bloody old surely.

Soldato
Corrupted install and Wireless dongle driver problem

Hi chaps

My bro repaired Windows XP32 on his IDE drive as it was corrupted when he changed all hardware. Then unplugged the IDE and installed W7 on his SATA drive on which XP32 also seemed to have corrupted (BSOD on loading even with all components set to stock values - it's all my old equipment so i know it was working fine). Since installing W7 on the SATA, XP wont boot from the IDE when plugged in as a lone master or appear as a second drive when slave to the SATA. This may have happened when he tried to install the drivers for his Netgear MA111 802.b usb wireless adaptor in W7.

Problem 1: BSOD at XP loading screen on both HDDs so repaired XP on IDE and installed W7 on SATA. Weird that this should affect both HDDs in the same way. He tried 1 stick of RAM in every slot, CPU at stock speeds and volts and slightly increased volts still always BSOD after about 3 loading bars of XP, all power connectors plugged into the mobo and gfx card correctly, all parts seated properly.

Problem 2: There dont appear to be any working drivers for the MA111 for W7 (or Vista http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...etworking&sc=wireless network cards&os=32-bit). Can anyone recommend drivers, a workaround or a wireless USB that they know works with W7?

Parts: P35 DS3R, Toughpower 750W, E2160, GeIL ULL PC6400, GTX 260, 120GB Maxtor SATA HDD, 80GB IDE

Really appreciate ur help with this guys as i just gave him all my old hardware and am disappointed he is currently unable to make use of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom