Indiana Jonas Trilogy Boxset R4

Associate
OK that time has come and the classic trio is among us. Whoot!.

With all the talk of the R2 release being cut and all, its time to look elsewhere around the world and see how we Brits can get round our tight BBFC grip.

Australia and its R4 release is the stop for me with its PAL video quality and uncut scenes.

Is anyone doing or have done the same and where from exactly. I’ve found a place (hope I can mention it, should be ok) FBO over in AUS that will ship the trilogy over to blighty for £36 of the queens money. Which I find isn’t bad.

So I am asking really, has anyone seen a better deal or anyone that’s had any bad experiences with FBO?

Views most welcome. Cheers.

Soldato
My R1 set from CD-WOW finally arrived today
clap.gif

Postie also delivered Jurassic Park 2 - my Spielberg collection is now almost complete ;)

Annnyyways, getting back to Indy! I've been stuck in work all day so only had a chance to flick through a few chapters of Raiders - fantastic picture & sound from what I saw and heard :cool: can't wait to watch them all! Brilliantly presented with nice box art, animated menus and in 4 amarays instead of any silly digipack fold-out madness!

The R1 is definately uncut.. whereas the UK R2 has cuts to Temple of Doom (originally to get it a PG rating here in the UK at the time of release I presume), Raiders & Last Crusade remained intact over here. I've read tiny bits about other R2 releases throughout Europe might be getting uncut versions but not sure on this & can't confirm anything! - more details on the TOD cuts in this other thread :)

J

Soldato
The R4 does seem to be the best, uncut, PAL and under £30.

Originally posted by Norky
eeer...why the hell would Indiana Jones be cut? :confused:

Why are any films cut? Because parts weren't suitable. Over a minute was cut from The Temple of Doom, various sequences.

Associate
OP
Originally posted by Feek
dvdsoon.com have it for just under £30 including shipping.

That site looks like R1 Canadian no R4 which is what im after. Looks like FBO is the better deal so gonna bite the bullet and check them out 4-8days del too so cant be bad for £36 with PAL transfer and no cuts :)

Permabanned
Well, apparently ToD is the only cut film, and the cuts were made years ago when the film was first released in the cinema, and so unless you've downloaded or seen the film in America you won't notice difference as the cuts were still there whenever the film is show on TV.

Associate
OP
I dunno mate, I remember seeing these cuts when I first saw ToD and even more weirder is that im sure it was on TV too like during Xmas, we never had the Retail VHS version so the only ones we had were off TV. Strange as I remember the Heart bit very much, especialy when your at such a young age, it was grewsome, and cool! ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Originally posted by sammy
Do you have to pay VAT when it comes in to the UK? (r4 version)

Will tell you in 8-10days time mate.

FBO has been great very fast and shipped already (when they had it out of stock on there website) You have the option for them to mark it as merchandise or gift. Seeing that as a gift has helped me in the past if gone for that option. Fingers crossed!

Commissario
Hmm, going back to the R1 version, I see that dvdsoon are listing four different versions of it, all with different UPC numbers!

Two of them are Pan&Scan, so they're right out of the window.

The differences I can see are:

UPC 097360563368
Video Format:
Widescreen 2.35:1

UPC 097360612547
Video Format:
Enhanced for 16x9
Widescreen
Widescreen 2.35:1

Guess it's the latter one I'll be ordering, looks as though that one's anamorphic and the first one isn't. I find that pretty strange really that they'll issue two sets, one anamorphic and one not, unless I'm missing something. :confused:

K.

Soldato
..by Juggler

Feek.. could they be listing both Canadian (possibly with french text on the packaging) and US versions on the site? I know some places do.

Definately seems very strange to have 2 flavours as you're suggesting :eek:

one anamorphic and one not

Yep that is indeed what they have done - see one listing has:

..in the description - this is the Canadian release that may have some french text on the packaging.

This is the one you're wanting > http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-details.xml?uid=51826 < unless you wan't a version francais ;):D

J

Commissario
Good shout, that's it.

The latter of those two has English on the cover and the other one has French.

/me whips out credit card, especially as Mrs. Feek yesterday said "hey, the Indy films are available in a box set" :D

K.

Associate
They seem to be selling 4 different types of indi at dvdsoon:

Pan and Scan with English case
Pan and Scan with French case

Anamorphic widescreen with English case
Anamorphic widescreen with French case.

I just hope I have ordered the right one! :rolleyes:

Commissario
See the above posts. The one to order is here.

Incidentally, I paid a total of $ 60.98 CAD because I googled and found a $3 CAD coupon! That means that at todays exchange rate it's cost me a mere £27.62 according to the xe.com currency converter. :D :D

K.

Associate
OP
Just thought id say that I got delivery of Indy this morning!

Great service as they estimated that it would arrive between the 31st Oct to the 5th Nov :eek:

So thats £36 inc airmail del for R4 PAL Transfer with NO Cuts!

Oh and no customs duty to pay!

Splendid! Now to find the time to watch them ;)

Back
Top Bottom