One hundred pushups

Soldato
Second day doing this, so week 3 day 2. Managed to do it all and 21 in my last set, so a better result. Rested longer than 90s, but not too much so I think it's ok :)

Soldato
Think Im going to start the situp one tomorrow from Week 1. Well I havn't done the initial test yet, so I might be better than I expect.

Anyway, is it safe to try the press-up one on the days inbetween? Do both for 6 weeks and see how I get along?

Caporegime
Just starting the Pressups one, got 20 (although I did aim for 20 but unlikely to have been able to do more than a couple more) for the initial test and so was tempted to start at week 2, but i've decided to start at week one, and then move on to week 2 if it is too easy.

I've also decided to do the situps on the rest days so will be starting on week 3 for that tomorrow. Interesting to see if I can finally keep it up...

Associate
OP
Just started my first week off today. I couldnt do it right away after the initial test as the muscles across the front of my shoulders were a bit sore, i kinda knew id have to break the muscles in again, i suppose thats what i get for wasting away behind a desk all day. Anyway, the mission has launched, i'll post back over the weeks/days and report how im doing. Im looking forward to the meaner stuff GRRRRR lol. At the moment im worried about pulling muscles more than anything.

Soldato
Started the situps one on Saturday and pushups one today.
The situps were rather easy (week 3 column 3) and the pushups (week 3 column 2) weren't too difficult.
A pain getting up early to do them before going to the gym though!!!

Associate
I've been doing this a few weeks now after easing in at week 3. Just done the exhaustion test at the end of week 5 and managed 79. Haven't had any problems sticking with column 3 but even so, as I start week 6, I don't think the 100 is going to be possible in a weeks time.

Soldato
Right I did my exercises tonight - totally knackered now.

I did week 3, column 3, day 1 for Press ups and week 5, column 3, day 1 for situps and squats.

I did them sequentially so set one of each exercise then set 2 etc to give myself a break for each exercise.

Just about recovered now. :)

Panzer

Associate
Did 45, but i've been doing 40 - 50 regularly for a while just for fun. Never been able to do more that 50 at once, maybe because im quite tall and have long arms, i dunno, im not really heavy though either.

Hopefully ill get to 100 one day on this. :)

Soldato
I haven't started this yet, mainly because i have been enjoying my week off too much....inc beer + burgers :o

However i go back to work on monday so i will be starting with this sunday night. Do you guys bother with a warm up or strech?, or just go straight into up

Soldato
Week 3, day 3, column 2. Did all and managed 23 for last set. Is a bit hot for this tho :p

I should go onto week 4 or week 3, column 3 next?

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Did the first day of Week 3, column 3, and my word, I did struggle towards the end.

I think I'm going to rinse and repeat in a couple of days until I can do all the sets without any issues before I begin to move on.

Back
Top Bottom