Have you ever been attacked by a bird?

Associate
Visit the Farne Islands during nesting season and the Terns hammer your head. I was getting abuse from various hippies for using a plastic bottle to defend myself...but my mate had blood streaming down his head, and i didn't fancy that myself.

Got the odd chase off swans when younger but now I'm bigger they seem more reluctant. They'll just spread their wings and hiss. I'd also agree with whoever posted earlier that swans are bar stewards. They'll spend all day chasing smaller birds off a lake and trying to drown ducklings. To most people who know nothing about them they're a majestic bird. I despise them.

Caporegime
Where i work in Canary Wharf...theres a duck thats a bit of a nutter...the other day i was walking to the tube station and it was there chasing some young little kid:p...some guy was trying to chase it off with his briefcase but it started on him...stood there and couldnt help but laugh....poor kid was screaming his head off and his mum was grabbing him trying to make a run for it...but this duck was on something...wasnt a small duck, quite a big one.

Associate
What are birds?

bird1.jpg

Soldato
I used to walk through a field to primary school every day in South Africa and there was a few plover nests around there, as you'd see them playing injured to lure you away from their nest, or dive-bombing you - depending on how close you were to the nest.

Soldato
Lol.. I was in Busch Gardens, Florida last year in a restaurant type place and food was pretty expensive and this woman comes to sit outside with a couple of slices of Pizza which cost about $10 and some pesky bird comes and nicks one of the slices and knocks the other one on the floor. Made everyone around laugh, except her of course. :p

Back
Top Bottom