Don't like the MiTo? How about now!

Soldato
tnmito1l.jpg

tnmito6l.jpg

mito2l.jpg

German tuner Novitec is offering Alfa MiTo owners some go-faster goodies, including a ‘plug and play’ ECU upgrade that gives an extra 31hp.

Novitec says it takes five minutes to install the ECU modification on the 1.4 TB turbocharged petrol MiTo, and that the resulting 186hp output coupled to an extra 22lb ft of torque will shave 0.7secs off the standard 0-62mph time – dropping it to 7.4secs.

There are also ECU mods available for the 1.3 and 1.6 JTD diesel models, both conversions adding around 20hp.

There are two chassis suspension set-ups available for the MiTo, one which is a straightforward spring swap that lowers ride height by 40mm. The other offering is a stainless-steel coil-over set-up with adjustable ride-height and damping, giving a sportier ride and height adjustment between 35 and 65mm lower.

Novitec has also come up with a range of styling options for the MiTo, including new spoilers, rocker panels and diffuser.

A stainless steel exhaust is said to offer maximum power and a more exciting exhaust note, and can apparently be combined with one, two or four tailpipes.

The look is completed by a set 18ins multi-spoke alloys wrapped in Pirelli rubber.

Source

FTM

FTM

Soldato
bloke at work has a mito..and the fit and finish inside is poor..the gaps between plastic sections around the transmission tunnel/gearbox has to be seen to be believed..6 weeks old and it already has a rattle somewhere.

Soldato
I did like the Mito on all the adverts, photos and everything leading up the the car coming out. Then I saw one for real and the whole car looks odd. It looks like a punto the with lights squashed and moved up which is a real shame!

Unfortunately a tuned up body kitted version only highlights this!

Associate
Im really not sure about the MiTo. I will see one and think its a quite a good looking little car, then next time I see one I will catch it at the wrong angle and hate it. Very marmite. Im appauled at the performance figures though, 186bhp in a small car and it takes 7.4 seconds to hit 60. Is it made of a mixture of granite and lead? Granted 0-60 isnt that important in the real world but it does seem abit slow.

Back
Top Bottom