rapist threatens rape

Soldato
Amazing they're even considering the word of a convicted criminal over a guy worried about his wife. Though if this guy is worried enough about what he said to you to go to the Police and lie to cover himself. Then it makes me wonder if he regretted saying it at all and is just full of it.

Soldato
Jesus Christ.. you and your wife must be so angry. Bloody Crazy.

This guy is prob a loon and got worried straight after what he did and went to the police and lied to get a story. Again do not take any chances he sounds like a nut job if you ever see him again aim your phone at him and hit video record.

Associate
Absolutely not, it's classed as a firearm.
As I said you have done the best thing with calling the police, the only other sensible thing you can do is try and get a restraining order. that way it gives you some legal rights.

It's how funny how u guys are talking about the legality of carrying weapons, it's as if raping someone is legal? Come on ffs, do whatever u need to protect yourself.

Permabanned
It's how funny how u guys are talking about the legality of carrying weapons, it's as if raping someone is legal? Come on ffs, do whatever u need to protect yourself.

Does the OP sound like someone who is capable of defending himself? Guy threatens to rape his wife and he goes and hides at work and then cant summon the Police to his rescue effectively either?

Soldato
i dont blame people if they are a bit fed up with this so i'l try and make this 1 of the last posts on the subject.
No, this is an interesting story. If people are fed up they won't visit this thread. Please don't ever stop updating us.

police:
if you feel you are in physical danger.
There is a key right there, and in the U.S. it would be taken as a hint. On your property, bye bye. My family was threatened -- with just cause. We felt our lives were in danger and took appropriate action.

I'm not sure how it works in the U.K., but in the U.S., that's all you need. That would be a major HINT from the police.

I hope it works out.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
If you want to get this moving and to be taken more seriously - try writing to your MP.

With the number of cases in the media recently where the police had been warned but failed to take action and something tragic has happened, your local MP will not want to risk anything on their watch.

At the end of the day its a letter which will take 5-10 minutes to put together. Its got to be worth it surely?

Permabanned
Do you understand now why so many people advised you to report everything to the police immediately? By delaying you've allowed the nutter enough time to fabricate a story. He must have thought he was getting away with it.
Somehow, I don't think you've heard the last from him :(
As from now, phone the police straight away if either of you feel threatened or intimidated.

Suspended
I would apply for a Shotgun certificate (seriously).... theyre easy to get. Im not saying "Murder him!!" but the fact that you have one would be a deterant :) lol... Alsooooo... Inform the police and try and get a restraining order on the man.

Man of Honour
[..]
There is a key right there, and in the U.S. it would be taken as a hint. On your property, bye bye. My family was threatened -- with just cause. We felt our lives were in danger and took appropriate action.

I'm not sure how it works in the U.K., but in the U.S., that's all you need. That would be a major HINT from the police.

I hope it works out.

It isn't that clear here (or everywhere in the USA). It sounds more like dismissal than a hint.

It also sounds like time for the OP to start the complaints procedure. The police failed to collect evidence, delayed too much for a serious incident, accepted an implausible account of events without checking it (which the OP pointed out to the police, as described a couple of posts up in post 500) and so on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does the OP sound like someone who is capable of defending himself? Guy threatens to rape his wife and he goes and hides at work and then cant summon the Police to his rescue effectively either?

That is absolutely unecessary and uncalled for! Seriously you know nothing about the true nature of this matter other than what you've read between the lines on these pages.

The OP has done (in reality) everything right, yet you feel the need to play the John Wayne role and have an unecessary dig to do nothing other than make him feel worse than he already does.

Shame on you!

Soldato
if some of you find it a bit unbelievable then its understandable...i just dont know what to say or do atm.

im not seeking advice anymore making this post...i just felt it was left unfinished.

It must be utterly frustrating to see the system being used by someone like him, against the very people it should be defending.

Continue to keep a careful note of dates and times of any events/conversations, and with any future events concerning him report them immediately.

It must very depressing to find yourselves in your current position, but I'm sure the majority of individuals here have nothing but sympathy for you and hope the matter just goes away soon!

Soldato
I would apply for a Shotgun certificate (seriously).... theyre easy to get. Im not saying "Murder him!!" but the fact that you have one would be a deterant :) lol... Alsooooo... Inform the police and try and get a restraining order on the man.

Yes it would. I routinely carry my shotgun everywhere I go. Look it's even in my signature on here :rolleyes:

How would him having a shotgun (or indeed a firearms) licence deter a potential attacker? Does he flash it to him in the manner of a police warrant card? Wave a 32" barelled shotgun at him, holding it sideways in a 'gangsta' manner? The police would really love to know that there had been a firearms threat when the other guy reports it to them. It would really strengthen the OP's case :rolleyes:

Quick check on the computer, see he has a licence and voila. He'd end up with the kevlar brigade round, and would end up staring down the wrong end of an MP5. Guaranteed.

Grow up. The only way to sort this out is via the proper channels.

Keep on at them until they take notice. If they threaten to arrest you, then let them. You then have a bona fide reason to take it further up the chain and bring it out into the public domain.

It must be utterly frustrating to see the system being used by someone like him, against the very people it should be defending.

Continue to keep a careful note of dates and times of any events/conversations, and with any future events concerning him report them immediately.

It must very depressing to find yourselves in your current position, but I'm sure the majority of individuals here have nothing but sympathy for you and hope the matter just goes away soon!

Good advice.

Soldato
Not sure if this point's already been made, but would it be a good idea to buy a dictaphone from the likes of Argos and keep it in your pocket in case he decides to unleash his torrent of verbal abuse at you again, make his threats etc?

Soldato
Not sure if this point's already been made, but would it be a good idea to buy a dictaphone from the likes of Argos and keep it in your pocket in case he decides to unleash his torrent of verbal abuse at you again, make his threats etc?

Not a bad idea... If you have a mobile phone with a quick/easy (video) record feature that could work too...

Soldato
Well, the reason I suggested a dictaphone is that it'd have external controls, so you could just unassumingly slip your hand into your pocket and click the record button, hopefully without him noticing, as opposed to trying to navigate through menu's and stuff to get to the recorder/video mode on your phone without him becoming aware of what you're doing.

Back
Top Bottom