my mini back on the road:)

Associate
hey all, i havent been on here in a few years but just had a quick read through some of the posts and theres still a lot of recognizable names here.
anywhoo i just wanted to share some pics of my mini. the last time i posted on here she was still in many bits in my garage, waiting for some enthusiasm!!
good and bad comments welcomed, i can take constructive critism.
pot_dan-1336-car-105-.jpg

pot_dan-1340-car-105-.JPG

pot_dan-1339-car-105-.JPG

pot_dan-1335-car-105-.JPG

pot_dan-1334-car-105-.JPG

pot_dan-1345-car-105-.JPG

pot_dan-1534.jpg

pot_dan-1532.jpg

pot_dan-1531.jpg

pot_dan-1535.JPG

and that is all for now. she is a little rough around the edges now. due a rebuild this year. undecided to put her through another mot so i can use it this summer, then rebuild at winter or just do it when mot is out.. begining of next week..

i have done all the work on the car (bar welding and painting!) and my bonnet is suposed to be like that:p

Dan

Associate
OP
with regards to lowering..
the front h-los are screwed right in to the locknut but it still sat too high, i have to look into why, someone has told me the shockers may be botteming out but i will have to see..
the rear is that high becaus as much as i hate having passengers i always get roped in. if i have it as low as i used to (as in some of the pics) i couldent even have my 9stone girlfreind with me..
but it does ride smoother than any other mini i have been in.

red bull can has gone now but yes. it did cover the coil. and i have a different air filter on since that pic too..

Dan

Associate
nice. my mini (well wifes) is sat on the drive wasting away now, since it decided its latest trick would be nom noming relay packs. :(

Associate
why wasting away? are you sorting it or is it available? people asking me for minis all the time and i only have one. lol

Dan

i will be stripping it and selling the parts, it has loads of new stuff so worth more that way, we have spend over 2k in parts alone on it in the last year!

Associate
OP
the wheels are 13x7, front are 175/55/13 and rears are 195/50/13s. i needed new front tyres and i could not find ANYWHERE that had 195 tyres with a profile anything near 50/55.

no over heating problems so far, it has been running turbo for 2 and half years now (altho spent this winter on my drive) with the bonnet as it is there are no hot start problems unless you really really cain it.. but with the bonnet down (my mate put his back after getting fed up with people telling him his bonnet is open) would turn over for some time before it fired..

i have just changed the gearbox for a recon one but it has a smaller diff. the difference in acceleration is amazing. i cant imagine with 10" wheels. metro 4 pot brakes mean i cant get 10s over them anyway. and alloy ones are verry expensive!

Dan

Associate
OP
thanks for the replys.
the wheels are actually FAKE starmags. when my mate came back from the mini place with them (he picked them up for me) i was a bit gutted that they were fake. but within a week i realised they have much more of a dish than the real ones and i think that gives it more charicter so wouldent swap them now.
but the laquer has come off of them and they are a mess now, close up so need them sorting. when i spoke to a wheel refurb place he said if he polished them up how i want then laquer wont stay on them and they would be the same again in 6 months to a year. wich is about how long they lasted in the first place...

if you ignore the type of wheel but i really want this colour:-
Black-Chrome-Aluminum-Alloy-Wheel-Rim.jpg

or something similar on all of the chrome on the car, including the wheels but i am having trouble getting a response from any companys that do coatings of metals other than powder coat and i dont want that..

and i have a sump guard but its not fitted i feel guilty adding more waight than i already have :(

Dan

Back
Top Bottom