Pics of my new car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Jesus christ. This can't be real.

Who in their right mind would agree to a loan with NO COOLING OFF period?

The type that would sign up to such an expensive loan in the first place. The type that wont listen to advice...

The "fingers in ears la la la" comparison was pretty accurate it seems

Soldato
Just checked out their website

APR19.90%. How do they come up with this ripoff rate when the base rate is 0.5%!!!!

Its where they make their money. If you advertise pictures of shiny cars with adverts like

Own this car for only £99 per month
80 months, no cooling off period, 19.90% APR

There's plenty of people stupid enough to go "oooooh £99, I can afford that!"

Soldato
I cannot believe these companies are not governed with caps on what they can charge/not offering a cooling off period. I feel v.sorry for the OP and hope he enjoys his car for the next 5 years, if it even lasts that long :)

Soldato
Well words defy me. You are incredibly daft and naive. I mean you have generic halfords hubcaps, bits of plastic where fog lights should be and the mirrors aren't the same colour as the car. Even my 11 yr old Fiesta has these. If you don't want something flash why not do the savvy thing and buy a cheap runaround.

^^ This and words fail me.. :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
£2400 for insurance on a 1.2 Clio suggests the OP has either had a lot of accidents or this is the first car he's insuring in his name.

It's far more likely that the OP also manages to be as bad at shopping car insurance as he is at shopping for cars. He genuinelly reckons the cheapest possible quote on a base Focus is £3800, which of course even with whatever circumstances he has, will not be the case.

Associate
I can't believe someone actually does deals like this, I'm pretty much the same age as you and I wouldn't dream of doing anything like this. I think someone *cough* Fox should make a finance thread explaining such situations and make it a sticky because there are so many people on these forums that get into these deals without even knowing how much they are going to pay in the long run and then later on change their mind.
Now I don't normally go around saying to people that have just bought a new car that they have bought a bad one but I can’t believe you bought such a bad car for that amount of money and the fact that you don’t care about money at your age is frightening as your doing an apprenticeship with no certain job security.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;14266390 said:
It's far more likely that the OP also manages to be as bad at shopping car insurance as he is at shopping for cars. He genuinelly reckons the cheapest possible quote on a base Focus is £3800, which of course even with whatever circumstances he has, will not be the case.

Omg why wont it?

You actually think you know it all of something, i did the quote, thats the price i got, im not lying?

Im not stupid ive used 4 comparison sites and 4 normal sites and thats the cheepest ive got, im in Bradford.. The BNP leader knows the main problem with this city and that main problem causes the prices to go up, i think it was 3 out of 10 drivers dont have insurance, theres many stories that i hear about car related incidents in Bradford and my mum works for Bradford police traffic department and she tells me the same kind of stories, hense the high rate of insurance in Bradford, its the same for everyone, all my friends pay over the odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom