Pics of my new car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
All the time. On the way to the Yorkshire meet, there was a tool in a 1.8T Golf who was being a real ****, swapping lanes and finally just before the sliproad onto the M61 (there are lights) I decided to show him what Ti power is.

I was totally surprised when I left him behind - don't think I've quite got to grips with the power yet. Not torquey and in-your-face, but smooth and gradual. Makes for a relaxing but rapid drive :)

Reliability is solid apart from rust (I have none) gearboxes (Just been rebuilt) and leaky headgaskets (mine's the later engine, this problem was rectified mid-run). Apart from that it's essentially a Honda Accord, so all good.

Highly recommended for someone wanting something a bit different, but can imagine it's an individual thing - it feels like a small car to drive due to the sports suspension and way it handles, but you gotta remember there's 1.3 tonnes of steel behind you :D

Soldato
Pro-tip, the Ti, it's not as fast as it feels :D (I owned one for 3 years). Lovely bargain barge imo, I enjoyed mine, but it was a boat.

To be fair it was bought because I want to waft about like a lazy sod with power in reserve, rather than hoon everywhere. :p

I want to explore the country, and now I can do so whilst chilled in summer, warm in winter, and not gouging out my eyes because bits of trim are falling off around me :D

Soldato
To be fair it was bought because I want to waft about like a lazy sod with power in reserve, rather than hoon everywhere. :p

I want to explore the country, and now I can do so whilst chilled in summer, warm in winter, and not gouging out my eyes because bits of trim are falling off around me :D

should have got a volvo :p

Soldato
Oh my god.

Amazing, mental, just crazy.

This is what you should have done:

Sold the Punto, saved/borrowed £500-£1000 and brought a 10 year old car thats in good nick and runs. Used that for a year to get from A to B whilst saving for your next car.

At the end of that year you could have gone and brought something a bit nicer than a Clio.

I'm not a fan of Clio's but can see they have a place in the car world, cheap city A to B transport. Nothing wrong with them, like Fox has said not everyone can afford a BMW or £20k car and that's fine, no really it is. There is no shame in driving a 4 year old Clio. However you have been mugged off, totally mugged.

Please try and take it back, say you were drunk do anything. If you need a car really quickly/that badly we will help you find one.

Infact just for the lolz, if you manage to take this car back, I will personally loan you the money to buy an A to B runabout that'll last a year with a stupidly low rate of interest.

Soldato
If you have just bought the car is there no way you can take it back? Surely there is some kind of cool-off period to agreements, so long as there is no damage and you would have to pay for any mileage you have done.

You could have bought a brand new car for £6-7K :confused:

Soldato
:D
I don't know, he seems to hate the stuff. TTIUWP?

Just noticed - please tell me the OP car has air con... :(

No air con on that one.

It does however have 3 knobs that let you control the temperature, direction and velocity of air. But wait, theres more! You can recirculate the air in the cabin at the touch of a button, perfect for those moments when there's a heanous odour outside the vehicle.

Sheer luxury at a bargain price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom