Your scariest theme park ride

Soldato
Went to Thorpe park yesterday for a friends 'big three o' milestone. Ran to the new 'Saw' ride which immediately sets the heart pulsing for the days activities. As you sit there waiting for the 90 degree accent you find yourself muttering to yourself, why the **** am I doing this. Ride finishes and you do something stupid............run around to join the queue again before it becomes rediculasly long :D

Anyway day progressed, and thankfully having fast track for a few rides managed to escape the queues of a various more popular rides one of which was a welcome refreshment of 'Tidal Wave'. Sat 2nd row from the back, big mistake got totally drenched. Fortunely it was a warm day and despite not drying out for some time never felt cold.

But the point of my thread, out of all the rides I rode yesterday I found the fly swatter ride aka 'Slammer' the worse. My god, I've never bricked myself so much ever. Maybe a big girls blouse, but that ride is just wrong.

For those who are not familiar to the ride, it caters for 32 like minded nutters 16 each side I believe. It has four central pillars with a see-saw setup 16 seats on one side and 16 on the other. This thing then lifts up about 20/30 metres and then starts rotating over and over. 4 rotations backwards, and the 4 forwards. This is by far the worse ride I've ever been on, that despite knowing was perfectly safe, is just wrong. All the blood rushes to your head, and you just find yourself closing your eyes praying it for end.

Even watching the video makes my tummy turn :p.

Stealth despite being the fastest ride there is over so quick you cannot even admire the view as you hurtle down the other side just as quick as you shot up in the first instance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Uyzmpe_WE

Anyone else beat this?!?

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Slammer is great! I've never really found any of them very scary, certanly never prayed for them to end.

Woman tbh :p

Soldato
I was at Thorpe Park last week, and although Saw was good and Slammer is pretty lairy I wouldn't exactly say I was bricking it!

I really, REALLY want to take a trip to America to ride Kingda Ka. Basically 'Stealth' but goes up near 500ft instead of Stealth's 250odd.

Soldato
I love rides at theme parks, but the only one that I felt ill after, and will never go on that type again, was the Tower of Terror at Disney in Orlando. It's the one where you go up in an "elevator" aand then get dropped. I felt so sick afterwards.

Saying that, Space Mountain wasn't a favourite of mine either. Because it was mostly dark, with strobe lights going off every now and again, I had an issue with it. I am 6ft 2 and whilst on the ride, admittedly 3 times :D, when the strobes would flash I could, momentarily, make out the framework of the ride and got it into my head that I was going to **** my head on a metal bar. I would hunch down into my seat and just wish the ride was over.

Obviously I was never in any danger of hitting my head, but there was no way i could convince myself otherwise whilst on the ride.

Caporegime
X Scream

Doesn't look particularly scary there, but you're actually hanging 264 metres above the ground. :cool:

Plus, the seats burn your back. :/

Edit: Ah, just seen the post about this above. :p

Soldato
Oblivion. I got right up to the top of it with not a care in the world, and as it got to about 5 feet from the edge it dawned on me what was going to happen (I knew already) and that the feeling of free fall absolutely terrifies me. It was a horrible, horrible realisation, I just hadn't really thought it through in my head. I got on it again straight after and it was only slightly less scary :D

It's just the falling, no other rides really scare me much, if they're rollercoaster or swingy types. I still haven't been on those vertical drop ones either, I must.

Oh I did **** my pants on Stealth as well the first time but I loved it, my favourite ride ever. I need to go on one of the bigger ones of the same type.

Back
Top Bottom