World Twenty20 Matches **Spoilers**

Soldato
OP
It was a decent match I guess, I wasn't expecting us to get through though.

Not sure the D/L method works very well for this though, not sure exactly how it works, but I'd put money on the West Indies not being able to get to England's score from their current one.

Soldato
It was a decent match I guess, I wasn't expecting us to get through though.

Not sure the D/L method works very well for this though, not sure exactly how it works, but I'd put money on the West Indies not being able to get to England's score from their current one.
Yeah my thoughts as well to be honest, but you have to give the Windies some credit though. The two old guys that played good sensible stroke play cricket at the end is what won them the game, not the sloggers.

Soldato

Yeah but they wouldn't have played in the same fashion.

Wish we could have Sarwan coming in at 7 lol, he's better than all ours bar Pietersen :( well played Windies in the end, Chanderpaul and Sarwan are class acts tbh, even if they aren't really suited to T20.

Soldato
Should never of dropped mascheranus (Spelling)

went nearly an hour without hitting a boundary thats shocking

He only hit 2 4's off 27 balls vs. India - he might be a big hitter but he wasn't exactly in form. I think playing the extra bowler was a sound decision and if we had 20 overs to play with it would have been a different matter.

Caporegime
Well looks like the rain did England in although it was a bit tight near the end...good game though but England should have had a lot more on the board tbh...bit like pak against Ireland but difference is that we won so are through to the semi's...hope we get Windies...at least theres a chance we might beat them to get through to the final.

Caporegime
Just read about Vettori spoting sour grapes...went to see some ICC officials about Gul and his reverse swing...lol makes me laugh that when Pak bowlers get some reverse swing everyone accuses them of cheating...Vettori is just an idiot and ive lost a lot of respect for him for making baseless accusations:rolleyes:

Not anyone fault that Gul has a talent for the art of reverse swing and rightly said by Younis that there are so many cameras out there that if something was suspect then it would have been brought up much earlier.

Thankfully the ICC officials told Vettori to go do one:p

Soldato
I'd like someone to do an in depth investigation into reverse swing though. Normal swing isn't really understood that well (as in why it swings more under certain conditions, why certain balls do/don't) and reverse swing is another matter entirely!

When I was watching Gul's bowling, I couldn't see anything especially different about seam position, the way the ball is released or anything like that, but his action is similar to that of Simon Jones who was also able to get the ball to reverse.

I understand it's to do with the ball moving towards the heavier side rather than the shiny and only happens when the other side is really scuffed up, but has anyone done much scientific work around it?

Caporegime
What do you expect NZ to say, they got torn to shreds. I hope SL batter them today and send them home. :)

Yup im hoping SL smack them proper then Vettori can moan about Mendis and Muralis bowling action:p....sore loser that Kiwi is and i used to like him a lot but after hearing what he did...cant say i have a lot of respect for him anymore.

Caporegime
I'd like someone to do an in depth investigation into reverse swing though. Normal swing isn't really understood that well (as in why it swings more under certain conditions, why certain balls do/don't) and reverse swing is another matter entirely!

When I was watching Gul's bowling, I couldn't see anything especially different about seam position, the way the ball is released or anything like that, but his action is similar to that of Simon Jones who was also able to get the ball to reverse.

I understand it's to do with the ball moving towards the heavier side rather than the shiny and only happens when the other side is really scuffed up, but has anyone done much scientific work around it?

Hmmm i dont know but from Wasim Akram was saying whilst commentating on the match is that reverse swing is an art and we all know that Akram was the master of reverse swing. But he was going pretty in-depth about it during the game...forget that though even the NZ bowlers were getting a hint of reverse swing...perhaps Younis should have made a complaint as well:p.

Just narks me right off that everytime a Pak bowler gets reverse swing we are automatically accused of ball tampering ie the Oval farce a few yrs back when that fat **** Hair accused Paks of ball tampering because the ball was swing after 50 overs....its not our fault that our bowlers are naturally gifted at getting reverse swing and Gul is being used to maximum effect...coming in after the 12th over, when the ball is old and scuffed up for him and thats when he gets his reverse swing to work with devastating effect.

Id also love to see the science behind reverse swing because all i know is that one side of the ball remains shiny whilst the other is scuffed up.

Actually Wiki has a pretty good article on swing bowling etc: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swing_bowling

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom