Scotland take control of own taxes?

Soldato
Aberdeen Council has not had billions of pounds put into it by the oil industry.

So the buisness parks at Dyce which was paid for by Shell/BP, the airport expansion (heliport) which was paid for by the oil companies.

Also the expansion of the road network in Aberdeen (which the council didn't take them up on the offer) and those are just the ones I know about, I am sure that they are many more situations where oil companies have paid for public services for their own gain which was then wasted by Aberdeen City Council.

KaHn

Man of Honour
They can take control of everything as far as I am concerned. The sooner the Eglish are rid of them the better.

Man of Honour
until it lowers its corporation tax and sees a flood of corporate hqs relocate there (ala ireland)

Ireland is in a right state now. Little countries, with real populations to look after, can never truly run with the big dogs on the international financial markets.

Don
So the buisness parks at Dyce which was paid for by Shell/BP, the airport expansion (heliport) which was paid for by the oil companies.
Of course these were paid for by the various oil companies as they're the ones using it all, it's all privately owned.

Also the expansion of the road network in Aberdeen (which the council didn't take them up on the offer) and those are just the ones I know about, I am sure that they are many more situations where oil companies have paid for public services for their own gain which was then wasted by Aberdeen City Council.
That was merely speculation and rumour spread by the P&J and the like. The oil companies have been damning of the council and government as a whole in their lack of support for infrastructure.

The fact is Aberdeen Council has not recieved billions of pounds to spend on the things local councils spend their money on - building and maintaining roads, collecting bins, schools etc.

Don
The road structure around dyce was also paid for by the oil companies there, which is public use.

And what proof do you have to dispute the P&J?
Yeah, because the roads in the industrial estates would be really useful without the oil industy. It's not any different to any large housing or commercial development where part of the plans the developer is expected to provide roads and other amenities. It certainly doesn't equate to giving the councils billions in cash.

And what proof do you have to dispute the P&J?
Well the fact nothing actually happened? Even now the funding for the bypass doesn't include money from any oil company.

Hell NESTRANS can't can't even get funds out of them for subsidised busses from Dyce to Aberdeen for workers.

Don
Why don't the snp get as bad name as the bnp, they both have similiar agrenda. Just against different people?
SNP have no racist agenda, their key agenda is to gain independence for Scotland, not the removal of people they don't like the look of. Indeed their immigration policy is based on letting people with the right skills in, even the English.

Soldato
No they don't.

So, being bunch of imature idiot's who wont face facts, and treat people form a certain cast (english) means their not like the bnp??

SNP have no racist agenda, their key agenda is to gain independence for Scotland, not the removal of people they don't like the look of. Indeed their immigration policy is based on letting people with the right skills in, even the English.

Thats odd as when i saw one of their rallys "kick english out" was one of their chants?
Maybe it was a grp of muppets or a underlying apathy for rasism against others

Back
Top Bottom